007 Nab's Gallery! (m/d/yy) 10/2/09

007 Nab

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for you nab. I want to know how to put the pictures side by side like you because as you see in my gallery, there's all 1 under the other making it very long, and if I can put them side by side like you, that would help plenty.

thanks in advanced. and keep up the work

ITforumssig2.png

my gallery

"10,000 days in the fire is long enough, your going home..."

Tribal\-«+»-/Freakv1.6™

[\\]«Drekentai»[//]

• 3 months later...

Thanks for clearing that up Ash

______

1000th post! Winter break! Gallery Revamp!

New pieces/WIPS:

IMPACT v2

th_NewImpactposs1finalizedwithtextligh.png

Click for 1280x1024

I decided to take another swing at IMPACT. This time I wasn't looking at anything but the actual working window, last time I kept referencing the tutorial pics. I feel like I've fallen into a bit of regression, as even though this new version is sharper, the effects are rather lacking when compared to the original blurry mess... I have to weeks of freedom to fix that :P

WOLF

th_12-19-2008_17-12-02.png

Click for larger version Photo © National Geographic.

I was in need of a new wallpaper, so I edited this pic and came up with WOLF. In this picture, I emphasize focal points, which you can spot in sharpness / blurriness if you look closely. I also wanted to mess with lighting, by turning a day picture into a night one. Best if viewed with a really nice monitor. If it looks too dark, stand up and look at it :lol: Make sure you open up both the before (original) and after (manip) to compare them -you'll notice various differences.

SUMMIT

12192008173638fh5.th.png

I had to make a calendar for a class using Photoshop - I used PDN instead and this is the background for December. You can view the original picture here. Achieving this effect was quite simple and fast, but I think the outcome looked so good I might as well post it. I found that by raising the Saturation of the image on a new layer, Gaussian blurring about 4 or 5px, (depending on the size of the pic and amount of glow you want) and then setting this layer to Overlay with varied opacity, you achieve a nice effect. I had to host it on imageshack because it allows > 1mb files (this was about 1.37), so if there are linking issues I'll go ahead and either resize and host on Photobucket, or keep resolution and host on 110mb.

GREEN

th_newnabsiggreen.png

Click for larger version.

I was feeling like the color green - and messing around with a bunch of clouds and displacement masks, and came up with this. To achieve the almost beveled text, I messed around with Reflect layer blend mode (not used very often). The background and text distortion is Alpha Displacement. I realize the sig itself is pretty blurred, this, for now, is Paint.NET's fault, the resizer blurs, since the original picture was a full sized wallpaper.

VINEYARD

th_VineyardSigwithtext.png

This is by far my favorite of the National geographics that I edited - this is the original, and by using the same method explained in SUMMIT, I was able to come up with this effect. I realize the text is simple, and that's intentional.

Enjoy my new works and leave comments!

EDIT: Fixed stock for WOLF

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

For some unexplainable reason, your new Impact piece looks like it has more depth, making the piece better. One suggestion, maybe add some smaller fainter stars in the background?

The wolf manip is great too. Great job! (your link to the original wolf pic is wrong, it goes to the mountain stock, i'd fix it if i were you :P)

Great new gallery update, and glad to have you back on the forums again! :)

KIU!

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thank you very much Welshblue, I was looking over your gallery and I must say you have some really nice abstracts and I love your wood textures, definitely some great improvement.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an abstract I posted in the Abstract Images Section of the Pictorium.

symbolrv1.png

Hidden Content:
[reason]How-to[/reason]: Draw a curved line with line tool

Draw a second curved line with the same start and end points as the first, and bring it slightly out

: Duplicate layer, Ctrl+Shift+Z - rotate about 5 degrees, and resize to .95.

Duplicate latest layer again, and repeat the process

: For the 3D ish look - duplicate flattened abstract symbol, invert color, and move bottom layer 2 px up or down or whatever

: For background effects, Simple radial gradient

Clouds on Overlay at opacity

About 3 or 4 new layers, and draw a radial gradient going from color to transparent. Se each of these layers to overlay at a low opacity

For lighting in the middle, a simple paintbrush dot with blurs. For its color, a radial gradient from orange-ish yellow to transparent on top of it set to Overlay.

And here's a possible Desktop Image I made trying to copy LFC's and J2K's lighting (Possible WIP):

thmb1smalldq0.png

Clicky

(I have many versions so if you'd like to see more just PM)