007 Nab's Gallery! (m/d/yy) 10/2/09

007 Nab

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, I've updated my gallery with yet another space image.

I'm trying to get more elaborate -- working my way up to Helio :twisted: -- .... yeah :lol: -- so anyways -- I've been trying to get the lighting on the planet down -- I didn't use Shape 3D to add lighting-- so the shadows have been a bit more difficult.

The sun looks pretty plain in the version I posted, but it's only awesome in its 1875 by 1500 px version. (When it gets shrunk down it loses a lot of quality for osme reason).

Feel free to criticize your heart out.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Yeah yeah YEAH. I know about the freaking box! [/sarchasm]

The original pic I made was 1500x1500 (A square, for you nonmath geniuses). The light, obviously, got cut off at the border, because the zoom blur isn't restriced withing the canvas... so I created a linear gradient to get rid of the sidelines, but then the planet and sun were more transparent than I would have liked them. So I dupped the layer, lowered the opacity, and hoped no one would see the very faint vertical lines on the sides....

Guess I'ma have to do it again, huh. Oh well - I have 10 copies of the PDN, each in its own variation, it won't take too long.

EDIT: Wow... I just realized there's that same problem on the planet - it shows elliptical lines... haha.. wow... -- They're due to the same reason, so no explanation is necesssary, sorry for the confusion.

Anyways - that's not my point. What do you guys think of the parts of the picture I mentioned? Is the lighting on the planet correct, or did I drag it out too far back?

@ASH -- You think the sun isn't bright enough? I was trying to show the detail - you know - like one of those Low UV pics from NASA that show off everything instead of a big white light. I'll try to see what it looks like with pumped brightness.

Thanks

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

Just stopping by to see what is new with you. I learn a lot just listening sometimes. I have a lot of trouble with the lighting in shape 3D. Just find it hard to figure out.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Most of the time, when I make my planets, I don't use any lighting in shape 3D. I make it all on my own, by duplicating the planet layer, making it black, blurring, and then using transparency gradients- it makes me feel like I have more control.

I dunno, it might be something you want to think about (unless you're rendering a very complex shape).

Thanks -- heh - wispy and crumpled sheet -- I like your guys' interpretations :)

Thanks for the quick response.

I dunno why, but when I made it it just reminded me of summer time - which is weird, because normally I associate summer time with bold colors like yellow or gold - with strong greens - and this is a very light blue on a white background... :P

EDIT: Grammar fixes

OMFG! - I freakin lol'd....

Ahahaha -- thanks for that awesome comment.

[sarcasm] I should rename my gallery that just for the occasion... :P[\sarcasm]

Oh -and cool new spidy sig Lego!

OMFG! - I freakin lol'd....

Ahahaha -- thanks for that awesome comment.

[sarcasm] I should rename my gallery that just for the occasion... :P[\sarcasm]

Oh -and cool new spidy sig Lego!

Heh, thanks.

Oh and for the Sexy line, say Sexy with a british accent. sounds so awesome. I wish I was from the U.K. :cry:

Me_Signature_by_Artiiste.png

Lego's deviantART.

La De Da...

yah me too...

all the time.

[creepy thought] We must invade Myrddin's mind and learn the secrets of his linguistic ways [\creepy thought]

(I know I use [] too much, it's just the way I convey emotion)

Hi there,

First of all my compliments for your logo and the way you set your gallery: it is clean and neat and denote a good taste. My favourites:

Domain (why did you give it this name b.t.w.?) love the fractals and the beautiful things you can do with them, I'll have to download the program sooner or later...(better later, an other program to learn while I still have to learn a lot on my beloved PDN :D )

The two text pictures with your name (I love the blue iced text on the left one while the other looks cinematographic), and your w.i.p. on page 3 with the blue text, I like the letters of course (especially the one with transparency) and how the grid in the background looks like a rubber floor.

Nice also the "cake" picture,

Waiting to see more and more from you!

Ciao