007 Nab's Gallery! (m/d/yy) 10/2/09

007 Nab

You over-complicate things, LFC :P

was the basic idea, and after different adjustments (Curves +, etc.) that style was achieved.

I don't have the patience to go through and smudge the entire canvas like that :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

• 5 months later...

I call it:

OUT OF THE DEEP

metalliumfinalishgolden.png

Click for larger view

3 Step Phase (first, second, third draft)

abtractmetallium.th.png metalliumfinalish.th.png metalliumfinalishgolden.th.png

Stare at any one of the versions for at least 30 seconds!

Tell me how many faces you find :P

PLUGINS / EFFECTS used: Clouds (duh :) ), Sharpen +, Dents, Gaussian Blur, Zoom Blur Deluxe, and a whole bunch of layer blend modes.

Total Time: About 1 hour

Comments: I like light a little too much :P

100% PDN > 0% SKILL

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

i love the way you make dents look so good, like with the light streaming out, perfect. im in awe. great addition!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

your 3rd image under the title ABSTRACT is my fave. its WOW!!!!

the one with 60% Apophysis... its stunning, and i love it.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Thanks for the compliments people :)

Skitzo the stuff above, below, and on the sides of the text is the product of some distort I ran on the text to make it look cooler :P

Stopped by to tell you how much I like your "Out Of the Deep". It is strange and wonderful! Also I love the National Geographic photo you used for your sig and avatar.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Thank you very much janettsue! By "strange" - are you talking about the various sea monsters/faces that can be seen throughout? :lol:

I love your compliments, thanks again.

The WOLF and Out Of The Deep are something great, out of this world(sense a subtle(ish) indication towards Impact, which too, is something unbeliavably ..beautiful).

The Wolf just.. is pure beauty. Out of the deep seems at first very simple, which it after a moment of admiring turns out not to be at all.

Thank you for giving us all this! [/flatteringcausedbysheerawesomeness]

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

The WOLF and Out Of The Deep are something great, out of this world(sense a subtle(ish) indication towards Impact, which too, is something unbeliavably ..beautiful).

The Wolf just.. is pure beauty. Out of the deep seems at first very simple, which it after a moment of admiring turns out not to be at all.

Thank you for giving us all this! [/flatteringcausedbysheerawesomeness]

Thank you for your compliments EscapistAngel!

Out of the deep is really cool. intense stuff you got there, sir.

Thanks flip!

Out of the Deep is excellent. Great title explains it all really.

I'm halfway through Stephen King's Duma Key and this is the sort of thing I picture some of the paintings looking like ... spooky stuff :wink:

That's funny because that's the feeling I got, too, after looking at it!

Thank you all for your posts and compliments - I really appreciate them!

Thank you all for your posts and compliments - I really appreciate them!

and thank you for all your work and effort, we really appreciate that!

• 1 month later...