Sign in to follow this  
007 Nab

007 Nab's Gallery! (m/d/yy) 10/2/09

Thanks for the comments guys! I tried to really enhance the lighting from the original render (I hadn't exactly figured out the atmosphere editor in Vue yet, so there was a serious lack of dramatic lighting) - which is all good, because Paint.NET is perfect for lighting fixes :)

@Welsh: Haha, it would break the bank, I know - I got introduced to this software via a Computer Basics Class which I was taking for a throw-away credit.

@Lego: Yeah, I've got a dA - I'll have to add you on there :)

@Aislin: Thanks for the comment :)

Hello everyone, haven't uploaded anything in a while, I've been working mainly in Vue.

So anyway, here's my latest, inspired by the movie Avatar, rendered in Vue and edited in Photomatix and Paint.NET

celestialmountainsdraft.png

^Click for full sized (2560x1600!!)^

Enjoy, criticism is welcome :)

A pleasure logging in and seeing that 'Nab.

Wow. How long did that take to render ?

you've just set me a Paint.NET new year challenge ... to re-create that/ or similar by this time next year. (If you don't mind me borrowing that picture for reference ?)

Stunning

Welsh: Hehe, that's what I do too - render, and then replicate (though 'replicate' takes me quite a bit longer :P)

There was quite a bit of editing in this one particularly - a lot of general enhancements, but some physical ones as well - fog, sunshine, the vines that connect the mountains, some vegetation, etc.

You're welcome to use this picture as you wish :)

Frontcannon: Haha - I was just thinking about fractals actually - they could be added for 'magic' effects :)

Thanks for the compliments guys!

nab those floating islands are just the cats meow! I remember when Ben inspired me to work on the Once upon a time image I did when we first opened the new Pictorium. Well I think this type of picture might just go on my scale of just have to try again. I love the realism of the rock surfaces you've managed in that other program. Now if you were

to do this one in paint.net you would have my automatic vote for inclusion in galleria, no hesitation, hands down award.

ciao OMA

Thank you all for the kind words! :)

oma, no worries, I've moved away from the enticements of that evil program, and am fully back to doing things the real way with Paint.NET :lol: