007 Nab's Gallery! (m/d/yy) 10/2/09

007 Nab

Yeah Camtasia you definitely pay for - I got confused with you guys too

By HDD you mean hard drive? I got a 150gb primary and 10gb secondary. With the thing about the videos, I use a converter to transfer them from AVI to FLV (which is a nice compressor) so they go from 1+gb to about 200-500mb, without all that much quality loss.

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Yeah Camtasia you definitely pay for - I got confused with you guys too

By HDD you mean hard drive? I got a 150gb primary and 10gb secondary. With the thing about the videos, I use a converter to transfer them from AVI to FLV (which is a nice compressor) so they go from 1+gb to about 200-500mb, without all that much quality loss.

Nab

Ha. Yeah. Pay a trillion dollars for. :roll:

Yeah. HDD - Hard Disk Drive. ;)

And now that we're really offtopic...[/offtopic]

:P

MyBB Tutorials, check out my site. :)

• 2 weeks later...

After a while of PDN inactivity, I decided to mess around with

J2K's new tutorial. Here's the result, which I made into a wallpaper:

V1

04202008162605ap5.th.png

V2

04202008183527mediumhs6.png

Click for 1280x1024 view

EDIT: I decided to add a V2, which I sort of like better because it's sloppy, and actually has cake...sorta

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. But then i decided to use the logo as a plane, you know - to show that the text was T perpective. I thoight that if I made it 3d, then it wouldn't looks like it was at an angle as much.

I dunno, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the comment!

Nab

After a while of PDN inactivity, I decided to mess around with

J2K's new tutorial. Here's the result, which I made into a wallpaper:

V104202008162605ap5.th.png V204202008183527mediumhs6.th.png

Click for 1280x1024 view

EDIT: I decided to add a V2, which I sort of like better because it's sloppy, and actually has cake...sorta

So sloppy, yet a cool idea :)

Try to either make the cake "shorter" 3d, or "beveled".

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Heh - yeah I know it's sloppy, I was just experimenting.

Thanks for the advice on the cake -- I was really lost on what to do with it. I'll make a much neater version (with still sloppy text, of course) when I get some more time.

Thanks for the response guys!

New work in progress "String Theory": (still experimenting with the endless possibilites of Jake's Tut 8) )

stringtheoryfirsttrymedbn2.png

Click for full 1594x1315 view :mrgreen:

I should have a final draft in soon (It will look completely different - this is the base) so be sure to check back

Alright, here is my still WIP (I'm not even close to being done -- I've been way too busy, for some reason, today):

stringtheory2almostfiniit8.png

Click for a rediculously large view (you really should - it has much more detail)

I know the reflections are off, it's a bit choppy, and the background is a total rip from J2K's style, ( :lol: ) I just needed something fast to show you where I'm going with this.

I had to save it as an 8 bit PNG, because otherwise it exceeded the 1.5 mb file size for Imageshack.

Please give me any pointers as to where you think I should take this picture --

I'm thinking of making a smaller version where the skeletal lines text "gradients" into the sleek blue 3d text, but my main focus is to get a really good background type of image right now.

Hey - thanks for the comments guys --

@Ash - thanks for the lighting technique, I was having a problem with that (I had to resize the text to fit within the light)

The reason the grid isn't seamless is because I used a rectangular canvas, rendered at alignment @ Top Left. I

think to make it seamless I would have to have it where all the lines fit just right into one canvas size.

@Simple - Hooorray for Spacey feel! That's what I always go for (Even if unintentionally)

Thaks for the feedback guys

The B must have taken a long time to make, with all of those plastic nails to make (that's what they look like to me anyhow :D ) . I like the way it came out, though, looks futuristic to me. 8)

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Heh - while I'm tempted to tell you how now, I'll save it for when I post my final draft. let's just say it took just as long as the blue.

Thanks for feedback!

P.S. Cool new sig ZizOiz!

For the sake of being a non completist (very unlike me), I have started yet another project:

AltairArm.png

This is a crappy pic, I know - I took it during gameplay, and I didn't use a brush, I used a pencil to make the swirly thing.

This is my first attempt at recreating this.

Comments? HELP?

Umm,why not use the line/curve tool (bezier)? Then erase the parts that are supposed to go behind it.

Thats how I do all my glowy lines. And for other tips for that, I usually do a little gaussian blur on my lines, high softness outline object, and then glow at default.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Yeah, that's what I tried at first -- but it was hard to manipulate the line -- I just can't get the hang of using the line curve tool.... :oops: - so I got stuck using the pencil.