Oma's gallery

oma

why thanks you nemo. I certainly hope its my best work so far. I've been really really trying for that photo realistic picture look.

I once again have added more screen shots on pg 68. I was agonizing over the trees on the right..... The near shore needed some rocks as well. now it looks closer to a northern Canadian rocky shield landscape.

still more to come.

ciao OMA

I guess its going to have to be called finished at this stage. somehow I managed to flatten the PDN and I can't go back . I wanted to skinny the body up a bit but guess it won't happen this time around. sorry. work in progress shots on pg 68.

finalsorryflattened.png

and here is a link to one on DA that I did just a tad different. Poor salvage job. Well at least I learned how to make a nice landscape. I can cross that off my lists of things I want to try in PDN. :lol:

http://omagrandmother.deviantart.com/ar ... -141587915

The neck should be a bit thinner and the face. But wait...don't get me wrong, I'm still pinching my hand to see if I'm in a dream. :shock: :shock: Nope, it's true. Wow! Fantastic trees, super skies, birds, rocks, mountain, grass, and water reflection. Oma, you still amaze me!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

just one brilliant image after another oma! you inspire me so much great job !

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Beautiful , I totally agree with what Helen and Yellowman said .. I can stare at it and it makes me smile because I never get a chance to see scenary like this .. Thanks so much for creating this piece :mrgreen: :AddNoise:

it's a lovely picture but pitty you didn't give it antlers

@Axle :wink: http://omagrandmother.deviantart.com/art/landscape-141587915 check this varriation of the image. on my DA. antlers just for you. :lol::lol::lol:

@sharp thanks I really like how the water turned out. much fiddling but the results are pleasing to the eye. I'm trying to knock down the steps to something a bit simplier now. but its all the little observations of how water looks color wise and how it moves that makes it look real more than what paint.net plugins and techniques to use.

There was nothing really exceptional in the method. Many of you are more than capable of doing that type of water. It is all in the seeing what's around you.

ciao

OMA

• 2 weeks later...

i most likely will after I finish fiddling around with this concept stage, for the possible tut . Actually if i was just drawing this for my own enjoyment it would be still drawn with paintbrush at 4 x size and rescaled down at the end. the skin texture will more than likely go out side of the lines drawn so real sharp lines would not be necessary.

not every thing in nature has straight lines there are bumps and wiggles everywhere. now if the line tool had more nubs that would be a whole different ball game :wink:

ciao

OMA