Oma's gallery

oma

• 2 weeks later...

was anyone wondering why I've not posted many pictures lately?

well I've been finishing up a picture for a Christmas gift. Its not paint.net it is actually a picture I drew with colored pencils. final touch ups this week next week the framers and Christmas under the tree.

I feel pretty proud of this one.

click for larger view over on my DA account just wanted to show it off. :lol:

th_IMG_1099.png

thanks you Helen. Yes I've used artist quality pencils in Prisma Color brand. Along with some Derwent brand for crisp outlines.

I really like this one. Now I don't want to give it away. Who would have thought I'd never in my life tried to draw before the beginning of 2007.

I truly amazed myself it actually looks like the roses I started out drawing. Amazing. I've totally stunned myself. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ciao OMA

edit sorry you asked about the paper as well. It is a Standard weight smooth texture Studio sketchbook by hillroy size 30.5 x 45.7 cm.

stark white although my camera is wonky and it shows a bit gray in the thumb. The actual colors are a bit more vibrant as well.....really must get a new digital camera. Maybe I should put that on my Christmas Wish list. Although I really want one of those artist easels.

thanks Helen and soakagirl. I'm not 100% sold on this one. the perspective of the lake is incorrect. so its getting scrapped and I'll salvage some bits and pieces. in fact I've already reworked mountains and lake area. lost some of the colors but I'll see what I can do at the end. its not going to be one of my better pieces I can tell already. but it will serve as some practice work.

ciao OMA

Welsh no power stretch. tip tut AFG PDN fanatics. snowy mountains.

do several layers of the same tut no snow lord its cold enough here I don't want to draw snow.

different shapes join between them hills/mountians with a bit of transparent graidantto get a nice overlap.

and some brightness and contrast changes between layers.

and a water feature down front.

ciao OMA

Wow! It's incredible! It seems as if I'm entering into the world of abstractism. I love the perspective on this one. I would imagine a king or queen sitting on a throne in the background. Really nice!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

very intriguing image oma, all the elements blend very nicely. I love the abstract feel of it, it looks sort of mystical and calming as well.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"