Oma's gallery

oma

so many look (count over 16600) but few leave comments.

lol, but the majority of viewers are members who aren't registered. :)

That hummingbird is amazing. From what i can see, the texturing is really detailed and realistic. Can't wait to see the final product. :D

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

stick with it and lots of practice. You'll get the hang of it shortly. Personally I read lots of how to draw books .... textures I can pretty well figure out from playing with plugins until I know their capabilities and their limitations. do the tuts with open mind. they are not just there to teach you how to draw x but to impart the techniques you can apply to your own work.

bunny fur was a variation of a grass tut :lol::lol::lol: not the one ASH did using bars but the one with cut away circles.

ciao

:lol: Helen are you telling me "no rush" "just hurry" ?

@Welshblue, Janettesue and Goonfella thanks for the encouragement.

this one is a bit more difficult for me ...... but then again that's the way I like them. the more challenging the better. :lol:

I've added some more work in progress shots page 35.... because I know Helen is chomping at the bit. :lol::lol::lol:

ciao OMA

:lol::lol: yes they do like to dart in and out of view while feeding. :lol::lol: need to study some more on drawing the fushia flower to finally finish this one.

before I flatten it does anything on that bird look out of place? I've redone the wings 3 times all told and finally feel they are looking decent. I just looked at a big picture book of birds and notice the wings should be semi transparent. you can actually see the flowers behind the bird right thru the wings in these closeup photos. that I can do as I put in the background.

any other areas needing a bit of work?

ciao

OMA

Oma, I have a fun fact for you about hummingbirds. I read it off a Snapple's bottle cap. "A humminbird's heart beats 1,400 times a minute." Isn't that amazing?!

Snapple bottles specifically say "Check online to see if this number fact is true!"

I found that a while ago, and I checked, many of them are not.

Changed the text in the signature yay!

PDN gallery!

thanks for the facts Helen although I do not actually think a hummers heart beats quite so fast. I'm not downstairs in my library where my books are but I don't recall reading its that fast.

Welsh blue thanks ever so much for the comment. yes I realize the blurs of feathers are cut off by this won't likely matter once the background gets put in. that one I sent you with direct its headed most likely has changed. I've been experimenting with different things haven't settled on just how busy or absolutely plain it should be. :lol::lol:

Crimson you sly dog you..... :lol::lol::lol: I was going to guess it was you but just wasn't too sure... thanks for the comment/hint. :lol::lol: you had me going there for awhile. :lol::lol:

I've had this one on the go and just finished it up this morning while I thought of the appropriate background for the hummer picture. a little break from reality paint.net :lol::lol::lol:

apr102009lifeisamystery.png