Oma's gallery

oma

thanks yellowman. but actually two sides are not totally mirrored. there are little bits and pieces individual to each half ( at the moment the majority is mirrored but not all) I can still go back in and mirror mouth but I like his goofy expression. like he is throwing you a wayward smooch. :lol::lol::lol:

actually the symmetry will be even less when the finishing details go in at the end. Where the wild man comes out in this monkey. He is no tame circus performer. :lol:

@Weslshblue thanks the eyes are real easy just remember to put in your white higlights.

just like in pencil drawing on an eye you lift with the kneaded eraser odd side of the white hightlight.

use a semi transparent half moon shape for that.

@Helen oh my trusty girl. what would I do with out you to cheer, prod, influence me on to making better images.

thanks

@WhiteStar Magic thanks I must say that is a fine compliment coming from you, I found your art work phenom. 3d program..... ummm I'm still out on that. this one is more than adequate for my work, took me long enough to find my way around a computor I'm very loath to restart on any new programs.

well I've updated some wip shots of the monkey (pg 40). you all can see I had to change a few things, :wink:

the monkey is evolving. :lol::lol: next he will be turning into Sasquatch.

thanks you Storm.Shadow. actually I used that method of making fur/hair way before ASH wrote that tut. but yes it is how I do it sometimes. . I've also been known to take a circle and cut a sliver off for one strand of hair. :lol::lol::lol: and paste and paste and paste. lately I've used the volutes by Madjik, in the past there have been polar inversions etc etc etc. you name it I've probably made hair/fur out it at one time or another.

even I used sin waves one time, on my rock star picture. Its in my DA gallery. http://omagrandmother.deviantart.com/ar ... t-69591366

that was the first real person picture I tried. I cut my teeth learning how to draw a nose using just blurs

we didn't have even BoltBaits transparency plugin at that time so it was a real learning curve, figuring out the amount of blur to the width of a line, and how color effected the blur. . And did you get a look at the eyes on that rock star picture. I learned how to make nicer more expressive eyes since then. That info came in handy on doing the monkey, with his bore thru you expression. :wink: .

ciao

OMA

As for the rock star picture, the nose looks like it disappeared, but I guess it's because that was before PDN got a little dose of power with the plethora of plug-ins to help it chug along.

actually I think it was because it was the first time I attempted to actually draw a face. No one else was doing anything like it at the time and I was developing a method, and of course the colors were incorrect for skin tones.

:lol:

yes mouse no tablet this end, can't afford one, and I think there will be no support for tablets next versions (if i read what Rick says correctly). so it line tool paintbrush circles and selections replace, add and subtract.

look at the foot that should tell you. bad!!!! I can hold a pencil and do it but mouse line tools kill me. My hand goes one way the mouse the opposite. LOL!

Hang on a few mins I'll load up some of the line tool circle tools work to show how I drew th monkeys face.

EDIT

yes just line tools , circles and erasers. I added this full size at the beginning of the monkey wip shots pg 40 for anyone who wished to see the prelim drawing stage. sorry didn't take more screen shots . if you have any questions just ask.

th_questionremouseortablet.jpg

ciao

OMA

I'm not too far away guys. in fact I've been reading everything every day. I'm just working on my photobucket account. . too many images all in one album. so sorting itout.... its breaking all the links so found it easier to just take all the posts out of the forum. you will note I've started reloading with the latest ones as I make the move overs on photobucket.

ciao

OMA

I'm not too far away guys. in fact I've been reading everything every day. I'm just working on my photobucket account. . too many images all in one album. so sorting itout.... its breaking all the links so found it easier to just take all the posts out of the forum. you will note I've started reloading with the latest ones as I make the move overs on photobucket.

Yeah, it can get quite filled on one album, I should start to do that soon too, before my gallery gets too large ;)

Also, I was just asking for the mini-tut on the feathers as you wanted me to post in your Paint.NET gallery instead of DeviantART. :D

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

I didn't take screen shots of the orginal tail feathers in the work process but will be able to show you from my notes.

will post shortly , I've just about revamped my tuts and will put them up again shortly. had the dickens of a time sorting out the pics in my photo bucket. eventually opened another account for the tut pics by themselves.

have just about finished re doing all the links for the new tut album.

there is probably an easier method of doing all this but I'll stick to how I know, I can go slowly and get it correct. .

ciao

OMA .

well I'm just about finished re arranging my photobucket account. word of advise to everyone don't let it get to over 1000 pictures in one gigantic file. sort it out early into albumns. The old way was taking me ages to find any of the pictures I wanted to forward to friends.

so in honor of being just about finished with that chore here is a copy of my new picture

"Celebrate"

forpaintsitecelebrate.png

I actually made this one 10 x 8 inches big with enough resolution to have a larger canvas done for seating area in my downstairs office.

ciao OMA