Oma's gallery

oma

Oma, they are still beautiful. My dad came over to the computer where I was looking at your gallery and and he said, "Those are really nice. I especially like the very first one." He said that it has this nice effect to it. He also saw the rest of your work and said that you do a great job in creating these images.

So, Oma, I must say your work is spledidly beautiful and even my dad said you have nice drawings. Great job!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

thanks you Welshblue

that was one of a series I've been doing for my office wall.

will be done up in large size for once I took the time and did them loads of dpi. and larger size.

here are the two others rejoice on the left and praise on the right

larger versions are in my DA site if you wish to look at details.

forpaintsiterejoiceuseasurltoda.pngforpaintsitepraiseuseasurltoda.png

@Storm.Shadow. I'm glad you liked those pictures from my DA. That one "I found a jewel was one of my first shiny's" that was done way back several versions of Paint.net most was achieved using just sharpen and polar and solorize.

this is the thumb of the one Storm.Shadow was speaking of if you wish to look at bigger size its on my DA gallery.

th_idisscoveredajewel.jpg

Absolutely spectacular, Oma!

I always enjoy viewing your art work, and how wonderful it is that the only limits are ones imagination and determination. Thanks for being such an inspiration. I love how you use light, reflection, glow, to travel through, bounce off, and encapsulate the graphics, with details galore.. I can stare at them for hours!

"Listen, or Your Tongue Will Make You Deaf" 

Native American Proverb

SIGCOMPLETED072313SPACEAGE-150pxby500pxp

How in the world did you pull that off? I'm envious of your talent.

:lol::lol: now that one was just pure beginners luck! but it gave me a real spur to figure out shiny and glass. If I could do it once I could do it again. :lol::lol::lol: I think I've proved that..shiny is very very very much doable in this program. its not easy but it definitely is much more simple now with the versions improvements than it was back then. :lol::lol:

I always enjoy viewing your art work, and how wonderful it is that the only limits are ones imagination and determination. Thanks for being such an inspiration. I love how you use light, reflection, glow, to travel through, bounce off, and encapsulate the graphics, with details galore.. I can stare at them for hours!

yes I love the intricacy of these pieces. I'm hoping when they are framed and up in my reading area I'll feel like I'm surrounded by swirling light.

maybe I'll be thinking I'm inside of one of those lava lamps. :lol::lol::lol:

They should fit right in there with my cup of herbal and my hendrix on the cd player. :lol::lol: what a woman of contridictions you must all think I am. :lol::lol::lol:

How in the world did you pull that off? I'm envious of your talent.

:lol::lol: now that one was just pure beginners luck! but it gave me a real spur to figure out shiny and glass. If I could do it once I could do it again. :lol::lol::lol: I think I've proved that..shiny is very very very much doable in this program. its not easy but it definitely is much more simple now with the versions improvements than it was back then. :lol::lol:

yes I love the intricacy of these pieces. I'm hoping when they are framed and up in my reading area I'll feel like I'm surrounded by swirling light.

maybe I'll be thinking I'm inside of one of those lava lamps. :lol::lol::lol:

They should fit right in there with my cup of herbal and my hendrix on the cd player. :lol::lol: what a woman of contridictions you must all think I am. :lol::lol::lol:

13 of the same smilies on one post. :shock:

...Wow.

Anyway, it looks nice! Looks like glass that got really hot, fell into a fan, and dried. (Swirly and shiney.) :D

Answer to question on how I did feather

Also, I was just asking for the mini-tut on the feathers as you wanted me to post in your Paint.NET gallery instead of DeviantART. :D

well I didn't take screen shots as I went along so had to fake this out for you. Its fairly close to the original actually done same steps (I darkened my shadows a bit more in original and my original feathers look darker because of the mode blends after all the feathers were in place.) but these pictures show the steps involved.

start with a line drawing

I did the lines around 2 pixels on all of the feathers.

closed in each individual feather along the top (under where the belly portion of feathers are.

1.jpg

step 1

determine which way shadows run and which feathers will on the top. .

in this case I started all the feathers over on the far right because they are the bottom of the stack. .

I've put in the feather 1 to 5 already now we will work on feather 6 together.

did you set up your colors primary 575247 and secondary 7e786c

also you need another open pdn with a transparent layer as the base. same dimensions as your outline pdn.

step 2

wand inside of the individual feather on the outline layer.

add a transparent layer ( in this case add it at the top of the stack remember I've done 1 to 5 already

"6" is now top of the stack

bucket fill selection with primary color

name this layer " feather 6 s" as in "feather 6 shadow" make a mental note of thes the shadow part gets dealt with way down in step 14

2.jpg

3.jpg

deselect

step 3

control +A

copy that bucket filled layer

edit paste into your other pdn

object outline 2 primary color

4.jpg

step 4

resize image by 200%

5.jpg

step 5

rotate the canvas using right mouse until the feather is horizontal.

the round bottom end of feather should be on the left.

5a.jpg

step 6

wand outside of the feather and control + i

add a transparent layer

change the brush fill to backward diagonal and paint the bottom half of the feather

change the brush fill to forward diagonal and paint in the top portion of the feather

6.jpg

7.jpg

step 7

add a transparent layer

draw a 10 px line with line tool using primary color

use the nubs to make the line ajust a tiny bit curved.

8.jpg

step 8

wand that quill line and use bevel selection

set at 3 leave the colors black and white

9.jpg

step 9

adjust the transparency of the quill to - 50

10.jpg

flatten the image

step 10

resize images by 50%

11.jpg

step 11

control + A

use the sissors and cut

step 12

clik on the thumb up right top of your original bird outline

and paste in a new layer.

12.jpg

step 13

using the move pixels tool swivel back in place using the right mouse button

13.jpg

step 14

remember back at the beginning you bucket filled a selection in step 2 and you named that layer 6 s and I said make a mental note for later. well now is later.

select that layer and gassiaun blur around 5 or so

14.jpg

step 15

use the move pixels tool and clik anywhere on the screen and just move over and down just a touch until the shadow is showing under your feather.

15.jpg

ta da.....

now are you ready we start all over again doing feather 7 exactly the same way.

:lol: thanks Goonfella

detailed but very simple once you get the idea of moving a layer out to work on it at a larger size and then resizing back to original size for reinsert into main drawing..

only three plugins required (bevel and transparency) both in BoltBait pkg. (very valuable plugins I'm hoping they become a basic out of the box items in some future version of Paint.Net.)

other plugin must have is the one outline by pyrochild that angle option is just special. it is the one I use most often.

ciao

OMA

PS I don't remember who taught me about screen shots but big big thanks to you.

thanks you Helen and Kemaru that glossy is base of the 3 pictures "celebrate" "rejoice" and "praise"

maybe next time I do a glossy like this I take some screen shots. only trouble is many times in such detail glossie I abandon it half way thru as I feel like it does not go in a eyepleasing direction.

ciao

OMA

sketch pad drawing, Scan and then cut away , make a outline mask, shows first passes of blur painting

wip1.jpg

close up of some of the arm and hand shading (still needs much work)

gave her a little dress so she didn't pop anyone's eyes out. :lol: it took me a long time to find a model in a magazine to draw in this pose. I ended up using a lingerie advertisement :lol:

wip2.jpg

she was given more flamboyant clothing and some leggings and feathers

wip3.jpg

============================================================

and that's when I scrapped that last version. She had lost all of her sultry. :lol: A brand new set of clothes, different more airy fairy wings, more shading, and loads of bling bling jewlery. (anyone notice I used the heart from valentines day picture) . added the ties on the red shoes, nice touch to draw the eye to those wonderful gams.

Next up I've much more blur painting of the skin, hands, face, etc etc, and she will be around the 1/2 point. :lol:

wip4.jpg

ta da "Miss Va Va La Voom the fallen fairie"

love her tatoo. She's sporting ink. :lol::lol::lol:

newbackground.jpg

I think I redo the hair. I want long blond curls with flowers. We will see, hair is not the easiest to do.

I think it is true blonds do have more fun.... :lol:

blondehair.png

ciao OMA

oma I would be satisfied with your background, but as always you blow my mind of, maybe it's time i get used to it.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.