Oma's gallery

oma

• 1 month later...

Wow! That's amazing! I can't draw for my life! The best thing I've ever made is an almost-straight line.

Have you ever thought of entering some competitions, I'm not sure if non-photoshop programs are accepted in these comps, but if I were you with your Paint.net skill I would enter one here .

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

• 3 weeks later...

I love flipping through this gallery, it is unique because sometimes you offer us ever-so-useful pieces of advice on your amazing pieces, if I had the time I would love to look through all 69 pages here and probably pick up much more than a tip or two.

Oma it`s great to see you posting again! :) :)

Still creating your fabulous abstracts I see. I think the name fits this image perfectly. It looks just like a picture that would be hanging on a Japanese wall and it could even have been made from rice paper. It looks so delicate and the colours are beautiful. You could make a real print of this and hang it up. Really well done. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Like everyone has said so far - great to see you on here again.

The image is simply beautiful. I love the textures in this image. It has such a lovely feel to it. Like Welshy often says - I just want to run my fingers over it to feel the texture. Love the colours you have used in this too.

Outstanding image, Oma. Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Oma ! A very beautiful abstract! Only one problem with it, now I'll have Eric Burton's voice in my head all afternoon! :lol: That's not so bad with such a great song though. Such a beautiful piece of art. I'm sure every Animal's fan would be "blown away" by it. I'd love to see it as a poster under my black light

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

thanks everyone. Possum you hit the song I was listening to right on the button. I don't think I captured the mood totally on it but I was just doodling and humming and this is where the tune took me. Mainly this was inspired by the organ solo portion of that song.

ciao OMA

Artist: The Eric Burdon Band

Album: Power Company

Title: The House of the Rising Sun

There is a house in New Orleans

They call the Rising Sun

And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy

And God I know I'm one

My mother was a tailor

She sewed my new bluejeans

My father was a gamblin' man

Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a gambler needs

Is a suitcase and trunk

And the only time he's satisfied

Is when he's on a drunk

[Organ Solo] this is the section that was my inspiration for this art piece

Oh mother tell your children

Not to do what I have done

Spend your lives in sin and misery

In the House of the Rising Sun

Well, I got one foot on the platform

The other foot on the train

I'm goin' back to New Orleans

To wear that ball and chain

Well, there is a house in New Orleans

They call the Rising Sun

And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy

And God I know I'm one

PS its "Burdon" He is one fascinating fellow. " Don't let me be misunderstood is the current song I'm working into an abstract." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FT4FprxDg&feature=related I've been on a real retro art feeling lately.

Edited by oma

• 3 months later...

Wonderful image, I'd say the color scheme is a tad dull and there are some extra-zoomed in issues and jaggies to be dealt with. I'd say not your best piece but I respect and welcome your return to the forums. WELCOME BACK :D

Jaggies aside, I love this one! The colours are soft & pretty & work well together. The centre pattern is very appealing & the shapes like ribbons really do it for me. Very pretty Oma & I am so pleased to see you posting here again.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I like it. Nice colours, texture and flow

I don't think they're 'jaggies' as such, I may be wrong but that looks like Droste Effect ... which isn't always possible to get smooth edges with. If at all

I think they're symbolic ... I know I've cut myself on forbidden fruit a few times ...

Great work Oma, like everyone else, good to see you posting

You eat fruit? I see you more as a carnivore. Wild game, slightly cooked on an open flame. :lol:

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

thanks for the comments everyone. taking me a bit to get back into the swing of things. I finally figured out how to download the aa asistant plugin, so hopefully I can tame those pesky jaggies. Some plugins its just not do able due to the way they work but most items I can usually fool your eyes LOL!

here is an abstract I've been working one I love the feel of this one. Its a conceptual version of a flower.

conceptualflower.png

ciao OMA