The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Very nice images. I like the first more.

alright. i made two images using relatively the same method. actually the story goes that my friend and i were having a competition: who could create a cooler image. i was trying to prove that PdN was just as good as photoshop because he used ps and i use PdN. So, he created something like the two i will post and then i lost because mine was worse. i decided to try to make something like his and he gave me a hint so here are my results (yes, i like the top one more too, but it took twice as long to make and it had 32 layers most of which i combined to get an effect):

bluerayp.png

blueray.png

if anyone wants me to, i can create a tut on how to make something like the lower one.

By the way, nice smooth edges on your cutout. Did you use an Alpha Mask for that?

No, never quite got the hang of using the Alpha Mask. I simply cutout the image and feather. Perhaps I should practise using the Alpha Mask more often; might produce some even better results.

Wow, that's a surprisingly good result for a feather!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

By the way, nice smooth edges on your cutout. Did you use an Alpha Mask for that?

No, never quite got the hang of using the Alpha Mask. I simply cutout the image and feather. Perhaps I should practise using the Alpha Mask more often; might produce some even better results.

Wow, that's a surprisingly good result for a feather!

I'm sure the Portrait effect helped here. It also includes a very soft blurring effect (softer than gaussian blur) as part of its image manipulation.

2. Framing Composition: Follow the Rule of Thirds to keep an interesting composition. This image was well-framed to begin with, so that's a plus. In the case the the image with which you're working is not, you may have to crop creatively or isolate and move the subject and replace the background.

In relation to the compositional Rule of Thirds, I actually published a tutorial on that very subject in this forum a while back (went pretty much unnoticed). So, for anyone who's interested in aesthetic photo composition, as well as checking out the wikipedia entry, take a look at this tut - Cropping Photographs - The Rule of Thirds

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

In relation to the compositional Rule of Thirds, I actually published a tutorial on that very subject in this forum a while back (went pretty much unnoticed). So, for anyone who's interested in aesthetic photo composition, as well as checking out the wikipedia entry, take a look at this tut - Cropping Photographs - The Rule of Thirds

My my, I must admit that I never knew that tutorial existed. :oops:

It's good, though. Informative and well explained. Sure I'm a little late to the game, but I can still cheer for the team, can't I? :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

This is a Web Template that I started today. Obviously it's not that complicated because I'm all but done. There is a tiny error in the image because the page was too big to fit on my screen at once.

webpagelayoutvl3.th.png

Any comments and feedback is appreciated.

sigeb7.png

This is a Web Template that I started today. Obviously it's not that complicated because I'm all but done. There is a tiny error in the image because the page was too big to fit on my screen at once.

Artits?

^^Huh?

I think you mean artists..

Well I'll try and answer your question.

I made all of the images and artwork you see in there in Paint.NET.

EDIT: Bringing template to current page...

webpagelayoutvl3.th.png

sigeb7.png

inspired by the picture by naam (coloring in sketch) I decided to add to my background of oriental man a geshia girl

from internet I found this image as my inspiration piece

geishagirloriginalinspirationpeice.png

in the works but thought you might like a sneak peek :)

first I traced face and hair on separate layers and colored

on the outer dress i wanted to try a few things

so its in several layers

outline

selected within outline of outer dress used a cloud (two shades of pink)

another layer

same outline of outer dress selected a semi transparent layer of clouds

reseeded and more intense in blue and yellow)

next layer with again still same outer dress selected a layer of text I used Rose Garden font.

merged all the layers for outer dress.

geishagirl.png

I'm not pleased with the fan layer yet so will be reworking that any suggestions for new tricks to try out.