lynxster creations ~ NEW - More Stained Glass ~ 8/31/24 🍷

lynxster4

For all those who celebrate the 4th of July! Have a safe and fun holiday!  🥰 🎆

021_happy4th.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• lynxster4 changed the title to lynxster creations ~ Happy 4th of July! ~ 7/02/24 🎆🧨

• 3 weeks later...

Many people on this forum know of my 'enthusiasm' for stained glass.  😁  I've posted many different glass types but have never been satisfied with the 'rippled' stain glass example. I posted it in 2016 (wow)!  I recently dove back into it to see if I could get it 'right'.  I finally found the right plugins and their settings and am satisfied with the results.

I thought the best way to show this is by using the original butterfly shape. Please see the example below and let me know if these images are more to your liking. 

tn_SG_Comparison.png     This image is 'clickable' to view the details more closely.

Thank you!  🥰

P.S. I will post more images as I complete them.

• Like 8

• lynxster4 changed the title to lynxster creations ~ NEW - Stained Glass Comparison ~ 7/25/24 🍷

Thank you @Red ochre, @Pixey, @ReMake, @BlastOfBN, @toe_head2001 and @Tactilis for repping!  🥰

@Pixey It took me a while to get the 'bumpy' texture just right. I now have 6-8 different textures for the 'rippled' glass look. I had to stop myself!..... 🤪

@Red ochre I hear ya! I simply used the original background to keep things at 'apples-to-apples' for the comparison. Thank you for the comment. ☺️

• 3 weeks later...

I completed these two images with my new stained glass technique.  Please let me know what you think.

022a_americanbeauty.png

022b_bluejay.png

Thank you for looking!  🥰 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 2

• lynxster4 changed the title to lynxster creations ~ NEW - Stained Glass ~ 8/14/24 🍷

Thank you @Pixey, @Red ochre, and @Maximilian for commenting!  I think the bluejay came out great as well. The rose was the first one I did.                                             Is that a hint, Max?  I'll see what I can do. It might be tricky because crows are black.

Thank you @ReMake, @toe_head2001, and @Tactilis for the reps!  Hugs to all!  🤗

• Hugs 2

Continuing my new stained glass technique, here are a couple more.  Each one uses a different texture that I made.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think!  🥰

023a_mama_foal.png

023b_frog.png

• Like 4
  • Hooray 1

• lynxster4 changed the title to lynxster creations ~ NEW - More Stained Glass ~ 8/20/24 🍷

Looking for a little more feedback, please. Two identical shapes with different textures were used. Which one looks best? I'm trying to pare down to just a few.

024a_lotus.png

024b_lotus.png

Thank you for looking!!  😁

• Like 2

• lynxster4 changed the title to lynxster creations ~ NEW - More Stained Glass ~ 8/31/24 🍷

My preference is strongly for the first one. I like the simplicity of having just two colours, and allowing the varying lighting to highlight each petal.

A good job, as ever, on the second one, but not to my taste.