Sign in to follow this  
TechnoRobbo

TR's Alpha Cutter V3.0.4 - (April 7th, 2014)

thanks for the great plug in. I used it and it works reasonably well. Although I may have missed something, as I still have some small white areas along the edges of my cut out? Do I need to adjust the settings on the Alpha Cutter tool panel?

you can move the round a handle manually to suit your image. Try applying TR's EFX (Edge Fader Extreme) or another feather program to blend the image with the background.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Seriously, this is simply a phenomenal plugin. Thank you for developing it.  It is the finest selection tool I've seen.

Suggestions:

1) Please preserve the state of the plugin; the settings and points, etc.   If I make a booboo, and return, I have to start all over again.  Sometimes there can be dozens / hundreds and it would be incredibly helpful for the mask to be there right where I'd left it to make a revision.  This makes me really sad. :(

- I realize there is a Review, but when you see the result in context with another image, it is still necessary to make adjustments.

2) Please implement zoom using the position of the mouse. Right now it zooms to the center of the image so one must "drag" the image back to where you were working.

3) Allow fine control over the selected point via the arrow keys.

Thank you so much.

Nick

Edited by nickdwaters
  • Upvote 1

Nick,

These are all really good suggestion - presently I'm in the middle of 2 other plugin projects ,but I will be sure to revisit this one in the future.

Your Welcome Seerose

Is 'Seerose' a slang word for users saying 'thank you'? I have seen this multiple times in the last weeks. ;-)

I guess TR is just working too hard on new plugins ;-)

Is 'Seerose' a slang word for users saying 'thank you'? I have seen this multiple times in the last weeks. ;-)

I guess TR is just working too hard on new plugins ;-)

@midora! Do you speak German? I can not speak English? Only with the google translator. 

I find it hard to work with. In your example you used a tiny figure to cut out. But in an ordinary photo which shows more than just head and shoulders I only get part of the figure when I enlarge. For the bottomhalf of the picture I have to go back to the whole image and then I can't see the dots or the lines. Am I doing sth wrong?

@jagersvrouw I don't think this plugin is working correctly as I'm having trouble using it too.  It's filling the whole screen and I can't get at the bottom bar for the controls.  Unfortunately @TR has not been on the forum lately.  Hopefully someone else on here may be of help :smile:.

5 hours ago, Pixey said:

@jagersvrouw I don't think this plugin is working correctly as I'm having trouble using it too.  It's filling the whole screen and I can't get at the bottom bar for the controls.  Unfortunately @TR has not been on the forum lately.  Hopefully someone else on here may be of help :smile:.

As a work around, try hiding your taskbar, this will give you access to the lower controls :)

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Lloyd for that tip B) but it suddenly started to work again, without the bar showing.  Either my computer had a Gremlin, or someone fixed it - which makes me a happy girl :D

Genius - Pure Genius is all I can say about this add-in. Have you noticed the link to your video has been broken?

MGT9iTs.png

Edited by AndrewDavid
Added Kudos after testing plug-in / removed huge image

2 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

Genius - Pure Genius is all I can say about this add-in. Have you noticed the link to your video has been broken?

Hi Andrew and welcome :) .  The author of this plugin @TR is no longer active on the forum, so it's not possible to do anything about that link, sorry :(

• Upvote 1