null54

Photoshop Brush FileType (2018-12-23)

So, we have the option to save a file as an .abr file, and it almost completes, but then never does. It's a black and white PNG. If it helps, here is what the error report says.

Application version: paint.net 4.1.5

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at AbrFileTypePlugin.AbrSave.GetBrushAlphaData(Surface surface, Rectangle imageBounds)

at AbrFileTypePlugin.AbrSave.SaveLayer(BinaryReverseWriter writer, BitmapLayer layer, AbrFileVersion fileVersion, Boolean rle)

at AbrFileTypePlugin.AbrSave.Save(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 293

at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass253_2.<DoSave>b__2() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2995

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174

Also, if we are supposed to and can be allowed to save a file as an .abr file, would be then be able to save multiple layers like maybe 5...or 10, into one .abr file? Since PDN uses .abr files and opens the collection of them as PNG layers, we can make our own grouping of PNG layers to use at one time. I think that's cool.

So, maybe since I'm not logged in as Admin? Would that matter?

Edited by ScrapbookWithPDN

Also, if I figure out how to SAVE AS .abr....do I just create the layers, one above the other, and when it starts saving as .abr files for me, as in "SAVE AS..." with the 10 or 15 layers I have in my layers before saving it as an .abr file, will it just save them all within the .abr file like externally made .abr files have multiple images in them when we open them in PDN? Did I confuse you? I kinda started confoosing myself...but, hopefully, you know what I mean.

8 minutes ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

...and it almost completes, but then never does. It's a black and white PNG.

The only thing I can think of is that the plugin is trying to read outside of the image bounds.

Although it was working when I tested it with a 3600 x 3600 pixel canvas.

Could you upload the PNG image you are trying to save and PM me a link?

9 minutes ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

So, maybe since I'm not logged in as Admin?

That would not matter.

3 minutes ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

....do I just create the layers, one above the other, and when it starts saving as .abr files for me, as in "SAVE AS..." with the 10 or 15 layers I have in my layers before saving it as an .abr file, will it just save them all within the .abr file like externally made .abr files have multiple images in them when we open them in PDN?

Yes, each layer in Paint.NET will be a separate brush in the abr file.