Paint.NET is getting noticed!

I was flipping through a copy of the latest issue of PC Utilities the other day, and noticed a list of the best products of 2007, and Paint.Net was there. Don't remember what number it placed, didn't feel like shelling out more than $10 for a magazine. :evil:

Oh, and on an unrelated note, PM me if you have any suggestions on how to make my sig look better.

In CorelDRAW, red eye removal is a tool, not an effect. All you have to do it click on the tool then click on the eye. It is all automatic after that. Works really good, too.
It just stinks that we have to shell out money for a red eye removal tool when we have one on this program. I'm going to pay $40-50 for ACDSEE 10 because they have a decent red eye removal tool, though the program might seriously kill my CPU (I have 256 ram, and minimum is 512mb). Vicman software has a redeye removal pro, and it's not bad, but don't like the interface (now free).

I visit SecurityWonks.net fairly often, and surprisingly the have 0 entries in their Graphics & Apps catalog.

Is it in bad taste/unethical/impolite to make them aware of paint.net? Their express reason for operation is "In support of Free and Open Source Developers" ...

I will take any advice with all due professionalism and respect for protocols.

mastzg2.png

100% paint.net

One sad attempt at a sig, but it's all about the intellectual property rights anyways.

Is it in bad taste/unethical/impolite to make them aware of paint.net? Their express reason for operation is "In support of Free and Open Source Developers" ...

Absolutely not! Please do :D

The more awareness of Paint.NET, the better for all of us.

More users = more donations = more motivation/free time for Rick to work on 4.0

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Absolutely not! Please do :D

The more awareness of Paint.NET, the better for all of us.

More users = more donations = more motivation/free time for Rick to work on 4.0

I'm sure though that the Developers/purveyors of this quality product would like certain protocols adhered to with respect to promotion ... gratuitous spamming, trolling or other such inappropriate methodologies might taint visibility prospects.

Is there a proper channel that is normally used in this instance?

mastzg2.png

100% paint.net

One sad attempt at a sig, but it's all about the intellectual property rights anyways.

I'm sure though that the Developers/purveyors of this quality product would like certain protocols adhered to with respect to promotion ... gratuitous spamming, trolling or other such inappropriate methodologies might taint visibility prospects.

Is there a proper channel that is normally used in this instance?

If the site has a Contact page or link, use that. Just make sure not to be rude or annoying, and everyone will be happy.

xZYt6wl.png

If the site has a Contact page or link, use that. Just make sure not to be rude or annoying, and everyone will be happy.

SecurityWonks.net has a "add your listing here" link for each category. It looks like it would be Rick's responsibility to publish all the details of Paint.NET in the Graphic Apps / Editors category. Having had a quick look through the site it seems relatively new, as most of the categories are empty.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

SecurityWonks.net has a "add your listing here" link for each category. It looks like it would be Rick's responsibility to publish all the details of Paint.NET in the Graphic Apps / Editors category. Having had a quick look through the site it seems relatively new, as most of the categories are empty.

See how lazy I am? I didn't even bother to go to the site and take a look. :D

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't keep the article, but one of the writers of CNET in the photography section had a tutorial on how to make a nice Valetine's Card using Paint.net! Nice to be noticed! And Maximum PC wrote about it again saying it was a good program to do some quick editing! :wink:

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't keep the article, but one of the writers of CNET in the photography section had a tutorial on how to make a nice Valetine's Card using Paint.net! Nice to be noticed! And Maximum PC wrote about it again saying it was a good program to do some quick editing! :wink:

Cool... URL?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hmm... From the aforementioned article:

GIMP is loaded with goodies for photo enhancement. It's easy to install, and its clean design makes navigation semi-easy on first time users.

Wha'?!

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

On a personal note, I enjoyed learning how to use Paint.NET much more than GIMP. The layout was much easier for me to navigate, and personally, the more time I can save not having to go through tutorials, the better. Speaking of tutorials, when I did need them, Paint.NET directed me to them faster than GIMP. I also appreciated the program knowing where I kept my picture files on my computer. I didn't have to dig through file folders because it just pulled them right up for me when I clicked upload photo. See Figure G to take a look at a beginner's project using Paint.NET.
KaHuc.png

Hmm... From the aforementioned article:
GIMP is loaded with goodies for photo enhancement. It's easy to install, and its clean design makes navigation semi-easy on first time users.

Wha'?!

QFT. ~1.5 years ago when I decided to try the GIMP, it took me 10 minutes just to find a download link.

In recent times (2 months ago), it took me over 5 minutes to paste a screenshot and save it.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb