Paint.NET is getting noticed!

ya, im not sure that was the smartest idea to download it, sound really horrible though

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Well, I've just tried it. Thankfully I kept a back-up of my old plug-in files and the likes.

Anyways, I'm back to installing the real PDN! After I find out how to un-install Creative Paint.......

If you're looking for a good uninstaller program, look into Revo Uninstaller.(http://www.revouninstaller.com) After uninstalling the program, you will be able to remove registry entries. Regseeker is a quick and easy reg scanner which can double check to see if it's all removed .(http://www.hoverdesk.net/dl/en/RegSeeker.zip)

Threatfire can scan for rootkits. http://www.threatfire.com/download Hope this isn't spamming, just thought this information would be helpful. :)

they all sound nice, but mabey some links

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

@BoltBait: He's scuzzy enough to put spyware or viruses in, but is he smart enough? :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Why did you even install it in the first place?

Because I wanted to see how much he screwed PDN up. He screwed it up worse than Paint Shop Pro.

@ BoltBait, Norton scans the computer pretty often anyways. Besides, I really don't think he's smart enough to add that kind of stuff anyways.

And also, the standard un-installer which comes with XP works fine.

Why did you even install it in the first place?

Because I wanted to see how much he screwed PDN up. He screwed it up worse than Paint Shop Pro.

@ BoltBait, Norton scans the computer pretty often anyways.

I installed PSP 9 to compare, but it didn't interfere with PDN. And Norton 2002 used to screw up my comp (CPU killer!) and missed stuff. Avast doesn't Kill CPU's and catches stuff. Oh, and it's free! http://www.avast.com

Ok, back on topic folks, stop talking about uninstallers. The guy took the software down.

Sorry! I didn't see it mentioned, but I was looking for a screen capture utility, and found Zscreen, which uses Paint.Net as one of the choices for image editing your screen captures, as well as Microsoft Paint and I believe Paint Shop Pro.

How's this:

website, Download.com[/url]":a355cjin]"THIS IS NOT PAINT.NET RIP OFF, THIS IS A NEW VERSION OF PAINT.NET WITH ADDED SOUND EFFECTS AND FEATURES... DO NOT LISTEN TO THE DUMMY WHO SAID PAINT.NET RIP OFF..."

@ Ultra-Software: This is blatantly Paint.NET. The interface is the same, the tools are the same. Nothing is changed. Even the "ADDED SOUND EFFECT AND FEATURES" you cite are not created by Hardy: they are created by a hard-working group of volunteers who code plugins out of enjoyment, not because they are paid.

In reply to your suggestion that this is a "NEW VERSION OF PAINT.NET", Paint.NET is licensed to Rick Brewster, Tom Jackson through DotPDN LLC under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States license. This means that derivative works may be created, but must be fully attributed to the copyright holders, namely Rick and Tom. There is no sign of this anywhere in CreativePaint.NET, and as such has violated copyright.

CNET, try and keep one last shred of respectability; do not let this direct violation of copyright remain on your servers.

Rick, Tom, if there's anything you have an issue with, or find incorrect, please let me know and I will change the review for you.

.:EDITBECAUSEIDON'TWANTTODOUBLEPOST:.

@ Bob: Eek! Don't these people, all thousand-and-seven of them read the reviews?

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Paint.NET is licensed to Rick Brewster, Tom Jackson through DotPDN LLC under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States license

This is not correct. Paint.NET is released under the MIT License (to be specific, it is released under the licensing terms specified during installation, which are recreated at the bottom of this page: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html#License ). dotPDN LLC (my company) does not license it back to myself and Tom, that's not how it works. I think your intent was correct, but the articulation was fumbled? The fact that he removed the copyright and license are clearly in violation.

Having a review that is titled "COPYRIGHT VIOLATION !!" might get some notice too ...

I'm still pissed that he's ripping off all the plugins. That's just a slap in the face.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

COPYRIGHT VIOLATION!

by: ilinamorato on 07-Dec-2007 12:08:28 PM

Cons: This is a blatant ripoff of the Paint.NET software developed by Rick Brewster, whose company (dotPDN LLC) holds the license to it. Under the MIT software license, the actions taken by Michael J. Hardy are a violation of the copyright and a violation of trust. In addition, Mr. Hardy has stolen - as his own - plugins created by members of the Paint.NET forums and licensed for personal use only and not for additional distribution.

The astounding thing is that Paint.NET, including the programs coded for it, are already free of charge, and have been since the program's inception. Mr. Hardy is not making any strides in that respect. He is simply taking a free program, attaching his name to it, and propagating it as his own.

Mr. Hardy represents all that is wrong with the internet, and why most free software is absolute junk; many developers don't want to have to deal with despicable actions such as his. Mr. Brewster has advanced the field in a phenomenal way, and Mr. Hardy has totally disrespected his work.

CNET- if you do not remove this illegal and distasteful software from your servers, your reputation among the software community will forever be associated with the aid of copyright violators and warez downloads. Don't allow your name, which has heretofore been known as a great source of software, become a synonym for theft.

Thank you.

Here's hoping.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I just submitted a harsh comment on that pirated piece of garbage. It is unfortunately not past CNET to put garbarge to download on their site. I have downloaded cd burning software with adware at this site (deepburner for example). I am sure you'll have no problem getting the scathing reviews you're looking for, if anyone who is on this thread is online in the next couple of days! Good Luck! :twisted:

http://www.download.com/Creative-Paint-Professional-Edition-/3000-2191_4-10759317.html?tag=pub

Make sure to leave scathing 1-star "reviews". I only see 4 reviews right now! We need more.

Well, our hard work finally paid off. Download.com removed the offending software.

http://www.download.com/Creative-Paint-Professional-Edition-/3000-2191_4-10759317.html?tag=pub

Make sure to leave scathing 1-star "reviews". I only see 4 reviews right now! We need more.

Well, our hard work finally paid off. Download.com removed the offending software.

It's nice to know that one's opinion does really count on sites like that.

It should've been easier. I searched their site, and it said on every download page there is a "Report this Download" link, or something like that. No such link... Having to resort to comment-based protests to get anything done is simply barbaric. Bloody Potato.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!