Sign in to follow this  
Ego Eram Reputo

Megalo = VIRUS!

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

Wouldn’t installing a large number of plug-ins slow down the opening of Paint.NET, since it has to load them?

Yes it does slow loading. Noticeably so. The more plugins you have the worse it gets.

I deleted the megalo file but when I open up paint.net and go through my effects and adjustments it's still there although they don't work. I even completely removed paint.net and reinstalled please help D; D: D;

Edited by HypnoticFear

toe_head2001    792

I downloaded the megalo file but when I open up paint.net and go through my effects and adjustments it's still there although they don't work. I even completely removed paint.net and reinstalled please help D; D: D;

Just to be safe, I'd say just completely delete the contents of your Effects directory.

C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects

• Upvote 1

Discharge    0
I've installed this plugin and it works fine with Paint.NET 4.0.

Even though its great to install a lot of plugins at once. I hate piracy that the author of the pirated plugins clearly noticed.

I've scanned all the files related to the plugins with BitDefender and there's nothing harmful

I contacted them and asked them to explain it. Hopefully they'll respond soon

I already uninstalled the whole plugins tho....

Edited by Discharge

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

I've installed this plugin and it works fine with Paint.NET 4.0.

It does not. Many of the illegally bundled plugins are out-of-date. That's the #1 reason so many users have problems with it.

I already uninstalled the whole plugins tho....

The best solution.

edi    0

Interesting, a friend tried to get me downloading it.

At the time i didn't like downloading random stuff, so I declined.  

Glad I did.

david.atwell    280

Interesting, a friend tried to get me downloading it.

At the time i didn't like downloading random stuff, so I declined.  

Glad I did.

Nice catch. You should point your friend to this thread. Megalo is bad news.

• Upvote 1

edi    0

Nice catch. You should point your friend to this thread. Megalo is bad news.

Coincidentally, his computer is currently fried. 

toe_head2001    792

There are censors in place on the forum for profanity; can a similar censor be added for links to the Megalo site?

This would both let the poster know that Megalo is pure evil rubbish, and it would also eliminate the extra work for the Mods that would have to delete the links from posts.

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

updated the bad word filter - lets see if this works... nope. Can't seem to get the filter to remove the link. I'll work on it later.

Sorry NOT A VIRUS!!  I upload it to virustotal.com and no virus. I also scan it myself with Bit Defender and no virus. and scanned it with Trend Micro and guess what????? NO VIRUSES..... why are you  saying it is, when it's not???? I've used this for a VERY long time with NO PROBLEMS!!! BTW no I don't work for the ppl that made the pack I just wanted ppl to know the truth!!!

sddsa.PNG

Edited by daddyjames76
misspellings

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

It doesn't say it has no virus. It says "probably harmless". Which means it hasn't picked up the Evogen virus.

Here's some completely different results from Virus Total

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/17171428186602ae6f77051a3a7ace7372e889294600bf7929f24201e706002e/analysis/1453550841/

and

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/17171428186602ae6f77051a3a7ace7372e889294600bf7929f24201e706002e/analysis/

You still think it's safe?

• Upvote 2

null54    190
23 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

It doesn't say it has no virus. It says "probably harmless". Which means it hasn't picked up the Evogen virus.

Or any other new malware that the antivirus software cannot yet detect.

Even if this "plugin pack" does not contain any malware, it is still illegally bundling and redistributing plugins from this forum.

On 4/23/2014 at 0:40 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You see, the accursed Megalo pack illegally bundles and redistributes plugins without permission.  This is SOFTWARE PIRACY!  It's ILLEGAL.

• Upvote 1

MDisANoob    0

Ok I understand your point and all, the plugin pack is harmful but the problem here is that I used a lot of plugins that were in the pack, could you at least mention a way to get the plugs legally? I wish to use them otherwise the program is no use to me.