Ash

Ash

The face is really nice. Great shape, but the cyan highlights I'm not so sure about (although once again, if the light is very strong and anywhere between blue and cyan, it would show up like that). I hope you don't mind, but I've tweaked it for you a little bit, I didn't know how to show you otherwise... Delete this if you do ;)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6093/rhfjdjejdy.png

Why is having white a must? There are more than 1 way of doing things and looking at thing.

Again, unless you know all the conditions and surroundings of the piece, you can not say such and such is always correct and others is not possible.

(although once again, if the light is very strong and anywhere between blue and cyan, it would show up like that)

And by like that, I meant cyan. But that's not the "common" way to see an object. The way I usually see metal (or any material) is the way I'll remember metal. And the closer to that memory reproductions get, the more realistic I think it is. I don't know your point of view on it or anyone else's though.

By the way, I really don't mean to offend. I've been told I'm overly picky and that's not how I want to come across. Just trying to help ;)

I told you last time, I don't mind you giving me your opinion...

If you read my dA comment, you will see I was thinking of naming this "the inner light", So when you say you don't think it feels like metal, you were correct, no? And maybe that's the look and feel I wanted to convey?

And if I were to make metal, don't you think I would use more black, white, gray gradients. Instead of so much blue tones?

Unless it's painted with super shiny metallic blue paint....anyways.

So instead of always thinking how/why it's impossible, think about how/why it's possible. Yes? :idea: _ :idea:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Finally have time to update the PDN plugins on my system.

Look ma! I found the Mirror over line plugin!

Made from http://0-ash-0.deviantart.com/art/Untitled9-132754222

Glass Gas Mask? (There's a mouth full) I tried putting it on http://0-ash-0.deviantart.com/art/Untitled8-132559093 :lol:

Frontal Crystal Armor plate?

Untitled9a_by_0_ASH_0.png

So instead of always thinking how/why it's impossible, think about how/why it's possible. Yes? :idea: _ :idea:

Yeah, maybe I am stuck in the mindset that you're always trying to replicate real materials, maybe because of how long you've been doing glass for.

It's all your fault. :wink:

Anyone wanna learn super easy super sharp tapered lines? I can make a super quick mini tut.

th_0ded7bc8.jpg

Does it involve S3D? I'd still like to know though. A tut would be awesome. :)

Untitled11_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

A tut on this would be amazing. That watery effect looks almost photo realistic. Fantastic job. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Tapered lines No S3D at all. :)

Tut would be a bit hard for the water, as I forgot 1 of the blurs I used.

I drop some hints of the steps I remember on the fan forum.

Here you go, hope it helps some.

Varicose for the main shape, there was some blur (Should be Fragment?? mixed with some other blur(s)?? ), curves+ (Very important), Layers' blending modes (Important), Shape3d, ton of distorts....see? strange huh?