Ash

Ash

Thanks guys and gals!

Very nice, good shadow work. A little blurry on the edges though, you could try selecting (0% tolerance) all around the arm, filling with black on a new layer, using outline object in black as well and using that as an alpha mask. :)

Most likely because of the scanlines in the background making blurry edges.

The PDN file without it looks ok.

Another update with some fun testing.

No, that's not gonna be the final background.

Crystal_Armor_WIP2_by_0_ASH_0.png

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

very well done. i like it better in its glass colour scheme, but the fire one looks mad too. very, very well done.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Ash that is amazing. It looks like the Armour is sitting however. I'm just trying to think how your going to put it all together. Great work.
Augh, he can do anything with that sitting armor.

:shock: *3 seconds later* :AddNoise:

I am thinking you are talking to jerkfight?

========================================================

I couldn't really tell what is was for 5 seconds. It's pretty good, though. Nice job. A little blurry.

How sharp do you want it to be?

very well done. i like it better in its glass colour scheme, but the fire one looks mad too. very, very well done.
Ash, I like your original color scheme more than this flame one to be honest, however, wonderful job on the armor itself.

Don't worry guys, as written in my post, that was for testing, fun. the final piece will NOT be like that.

Did you use the Negation blend mode? That or Curves?

Neither, There was blending mode (additive) and Fire! :wink:

I agree with D, because it has the most contrast - it's the most vivid, without being too bright (like A). Are you using Color Dodge or Burn for these? It looks like the effect of one of those layer blend modes.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

agree went over to DA to see a bigger version. definetly more glass like and shiny.

another new method? or just another set of gradiants and more blend modes?

ciao

I put the top layer of A back on, but tone it down and got rid of some parts, to show the darker B, yet having some of the shine from A.

I was going to say 'C' ... then my daughter came along and said 'D', pointing out the bits with less glare ... although I still like 'B' a lot :?

I dunno, they all look great :)

She is quite right, you know? That was the main point of D.

Artistic father and artistic daughter?! If she likes art and such, you better let her play with PDN! and post some of her work later on. Don't waste the talent! :D

I agree with D, because it has the most contrast - it's the most vivid, without being too bright (like A). Are you using Color Dodge or Burn for these? It looks like the effect of one of those layer blend modes.

Same as the answer for oma. Thanks for stopping by! :)

D doesnt suit my taste as much, im gonna say B, but yes, as you said, it has to have some highlights, so C.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

I think he's talking about the cyan in the armor. Really does look like color dodge/burn or glow/reflect.

I think he's talking about the cyan in the armor. Really does look like color dodge/burn or glow/reflect.

Yeah, that was what I meant, thanks Blooper.

Misunderstood.

Yes, there was Reflect, Overlay & Color Burn.

======================================================================

And thanks for the input everybody.

It will all depends on what type of background the final piece will have.

If it's in a dark place, then mainly using even B would work.

But, it's still fun to make all these testing, and see what everybody likes. :)

• 2 weeks later...