Ash

Ash

ummm :?:

i don't want to make a sig the same but want to do something similar to your urrent sig

(i promise i won't copy lol)

but would you be able to do a tut for me :?:

it would be greatly appreciated

apoligies if this is posted in the wrong place but i think it fits here...

Simplicity For The Win!

Sig Battle Wins: ||

oithisissparta.png

Please Feel Free To Check Out

My Gallery

ummm :?:

i don't want to make a sig the same but want to do something similar to your urrent sig

(i promise i won't copy lol)

but would you be able to do a tut for me :?:

it would be greatly appreciated

apoligies if this is posted in the wrong place but i think it fits here...

Check out my easy 3d metal/chrome tut.

Would your mini tut include Octagonal/Quadrilateral reshape/matte? I hope it doesn't, it doesn't work good with PDN 3.5.

No shape3d, no Octagonal/Quad reshape/matte.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

For tapered lines, you can also add a new layer, fill it with white, draw a line in black with the line tool, curve it if needed, then draw another line beside it and thin it out as needed. Then use a gradient map to make it whatever color you want I guess.

For tapered lines, you can also add a new layer, fill it with white, draw a line in black with the line tool, curve it if needed, then draw another line beside it and thin it out as needed. Then use a gradient map to make it whatever color you want I guess.

Did you even try the tut and see the result? Or did you just look at the tut and go: Let me offer a method that Ash must not have thought about or tried.

Sure you can do it with the line tool, but can you get it super easy? super sharp point? super smooth(AA)? super fast? and think outside the box?

I even have another method(not using 2 lines) of using the line tool to do tapered lines, but still got beat by mirror over line method.

If you have a better method, please do make a tut and show everyone.

looks really awesome when its small. The edges are really crisp and the effect looks awesome'er. The full-size isn't as good imo. Its too blurry. :P

Too blurry? A little blurry maybe.

Did you even try the tut and see the result? Or did you just look at the tut and go: Let me offer a method that Ash must not have thought about or tried.

I looked at the tut and thought: hey, I can pitch on some extra help, so I might as well.

[Edit] As in, this is a forum and I'm trying to help people that are trying to make tapered lines too.

Sure you can do it with the line tool, but can you get it super easy?

Yes.

super sharp point?

Yes.

super smooth(AA)?

It's the default anti-alias, it doesn't get much smoother than that.

super fast?

Yup.

and think outside the box?

If it's better and doesn't require a plugin, I'd rather get what's in the box...

I even have another method(not using 2 lines) of using the line tool to do tapered lines, but still got beat by mirror over line method.

Is it Rotate/Zoom?

If you have a better method, please do make a tut and show everyone.

I've posted a video on how to do it on the Signatures/Avatar umbrella when LFC asked, a pretty long while ago. I think it got deleted by Mediafire though. I'll see if I can find it, what I don't see however is why you need a tut to overlap two lines...

Also, the line tool allows you to make curves that are always perfectly smooth, whereas using distortion will always make your edge blurry. The line tool also allows you to thin out the line in the middle, and instead of making it a straight taper, you can have the line get thinner to a curve, like this:

rhfjdjejdowe.png

Well, I don't want to spam your thread Ash, but I like to join your discussions, If you don't mind, OK, I have a few methods to do the tapered line with or without plugins, solid mono color or highlighted, straight or waved as desired.

But my very super easy method equals to Ash's method in simplicity but it can beat it just in that you don't need a plugin..! Just line tool and selection, I will post it somewhere but not here.

Blooper:

Is it Rotate/Zoom?

No.

Also, the line tool allows you to make curves that are always perfectly smooth, whereas using distortion will always make your edge blurry.

And no.

Try to make it super thin and super sharp tapered line, and see how the line tool's AA work out.

I wanna show users that there are many ways of using a plugins.

Thought provoking, think outside the box, or whatever people call it.

And if you like inside the box, good for you. Just keep using the methods that works for you.

And if you have comments about the tut, don't spam my gallery, post in the tut thread.

See? yellowman knows not to spam here. And his method is pretty cool, mind opening.

Ash finally back and I finally found some time to give a look in your gallery:

:shock: The glass gas mask is awesome and it looks super awesome at full size! Could be used in a sci.fi movie!

And I am sure those super sharp tapered lines are going to evolve in some other wonder one of these days.... (a super hedgehog? )

Ciao :)

Thanks for the tip ASH. I didn't know about the mirror over line... plugin.

You are quite welcome. :) Haven't seen much art from you lately? Hope all is well.

Ash finally back and I finally found some time to give a look in your gallery:

:shock: The glass gas mask is awesome and it looks super awesome at full size! Could be used in a sci.fi movie!

And I am sure those super sharp tapered lines are going to evolve in some other wonder one of these days.... (a super hedgehog? )

Ciao :)

Glad to see you around and thanks for dropping by. :)

Hey Ash, I've tried the mini tut of the tapered line, it is really easy! (once you know how to do it it, of course)

Gee-nius!

This is the genius peculiarity I think, to obtain the best results in the easiest way or saying in other words drawing the shortest line between two points.

I made an attempt at it but I don' know where the mini tut thread is (if it's on Deviant Art I don't have an account there :) )

Ciao