Ash

Ash

@Blooper...I read your posts with interest, and I read Ash's response with greater interest. If you think you got it down pat, I would love to see your glass piece.

@Ash...genius once again! I am not fond of the glass piece on the left, but loving the tubular glass piece on the right. Did you use the 3D Rendering effect (not Shape 3D)?

@Possum Roadkill...I had been trying to attempt several glass block, and from what I had gathered with my experience, it is a lot of blending, transparency adjustments, opacity adjustment, and a lot of trial and error.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Thanks guys and gals.

Ash, that's beautiful, I sat 1 minute staring at it, I couldn't believe it, just beautiful. Add some wings and they could become Hermes (Wiki this) boots, I don't know how that got into my head :?

TBH, I was thinking of just that while working on it!! :shock:

======================================================================

@oma: Most of you should know by now that most of the small things I do usually leads up to something bigger and better.

ie: Fur-->Sabertooth, Metal/Chrome-->Bot, Glassy-->This

Therefor, All of you who look at my stuff lately were looking at the "behind the scene", you just don't know it.

(Speaking of which, why people seem not to see the potential of the simple® things I do? and have to make lazy Ash work hard :P ...

ie: Not many commented on some of the glassy I did lately. :( , it always starts small, you know?)

I kinda want to keep things under the cover so people will have a nice surprise when they see the final product.

ie: wow, I didn't know Ash was gonna make the whole glass armor in that pose.

Ah bloody potato, see? now people know it's a glass armor and will have a pose or something... :? :P

So, do any of you still wanna see more? I did have time to do more work on it. Still running some test while working on it.

New ideas keep poping up when working on big pieces, I guess. :idea:

======================================================================

And I forgot to answer this point...

@Ash...genius once again! I am not fond of the glass piece on the left, but loving the tubular glass piece on the right. Did you use the 3D Rendering effect (not Shape 3D)?

No, TBH, I have not put much time in 3D Rendering effect plugin. Too many plugins, too little time.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Ash, you have the number 2 most viewed gallery (oma wins this one), 2 images in the galleria belong to you, when you "mess around" with PDN you get result I would kill someone for and you're asking us wether or not we want more? I would investigate cloning just to see more images from you. But you shouldn't create images just for us, you have to enjoy it too.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

No, TBH, I have not put much time in 3D Rendering effect plugin. Too many plugins, too little time.

No problem Ash...it is humbling that a great artist like yourself would take the time to answer my question regarding little thing that may become a big thing. Personally, I don't like the 3D Render plugin since it takes too much time to render (seeing it is still labled "beta"). I have been watching your posts for hints on how to make glass, so you don't think I had been ignoring you. :wink:

I hope you will continue working on the glassy boots. I can't wait to see what it would be. I am thinking a glassy warrior when I saw the boots yesterday.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

No problem Ash...it is humbling that a great artist like yourself would take the time to answer my question regarding little thing that may become a big thing. Personally, I don't like the 3D Render plugin since it takes too much time to render (seeing it is still labled "beta"). I have been watching your posts for hints on how to make glass, so you don't think I had been ignoring you. :wink:

I hope you will continue working on the glassy boots. I can't wait to see what it would be. I am thinking a glassy warrior when I saw the boots yesterday.

I'm not a rude person, sometimes I just forget.

Yes, it is already more than just the boots.

Well I definitely enjoy what you post ... even if your benchmark is so high I can't see over it :shock:

But all an incentive to try and improve.

Like those boots ... amazing work ... and an incentive to use Curves more :idea:

Correction: Curves+ :wink:

Yes, it is already more than just the boots.

Gosh I hope so, he would look pretty silly wearing just glass boots and his knickers ! :shock:

Now there's an idea. :lol:

However, even with the whole armor, one should still have their knickers on!!

I'm thanking you that is major. its not often my jaw drops but this one what can I say but wow!

even in the unfinished state it qualifies for galleria. and I made that pledge not to hit the exclamation mark every time I visited the galleries. wonder if BoltBait would have a fit if I nominated this in its unfinished form. :lol: no rush ASH but I really can not wait to see the entire image. :lol:

I'm thanking you that is major. its not often my jaw drops but this one what can I say but wow!

even in the unfinished state it qualifies for galleria. and I made that pledge not to hit the exclamation mark every time I visited the galleries. wonder if BoltBait would have a fit if I nominated this in its unfinished form. :lol: no rush ASH but I really can not wait to see the entire image. :lol:

No need to thank me.

I couldn't even if I wanted to rush it, making it up as I go along, finding new techniques/methods as I work on it... :wink: