The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Something I made this morning:

glassy_sphere.png

Glassy! :P

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

No, just shrink it! (I know, lame defense. :P) Yeah, I had problems with aliasing...

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

If you see a flat grey rectangular background, that's not me. It didn't show when I viewed the image in Firefox (what I use at home). However, IE (company standard) puts the grey in there no matter what the background color of the page it's posted on.

inia1tr8.png

I'm just a newb with no real art training, so it'll be a while before I can do any of the cool stuff I've seen here.

iniasmall1qc7.gif

If you see a flat grey rectangular background, that's not me. It didn't show when I viewed the image in Firefox (what I use at home). However, IE (company standard) puts the grey in there no matter what the background color of the page it's posted on.

Doesn't seem to have this problem with IE 7.0...

BTW nice picture!

Yes, IE7 supports transparency well. If you are using IE and don't have 7, get it now! Personally, I have IE and Firefox, so...

Those eyeballs are nice, jpope. I would try to soften the border between pupil and the iris, though. And make them look a little more glassy.

I like it, Jettyy. Very cool!

Ah, thanks for the info!

My company has that kind of stuff locked down pretty tight, so until they choose to upgrade to 7.0, I am stuck with the version currently installed (6.0.x). Since I don't use IE at home, so it's not something I pay much attention to. Guess I might have to put it back if I'm going to be posting more images.

Loving the Easter eggs btw :)

iniasmall1qc7.gif

Jpope:

Those eyes are looking pretty good, no pun intended...

One thing to remember though is that eyes are moist. Your specular highlight should be sharp and well defined. The blurred highlight they have right now gives them instead a soft matte feel.

As far as texture, though, you've got it spot on.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype