The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Seeing a lot of people converting PS tuts, I went looking for an interesting tut. Found this and kinda liked the effect: http://9tutorials.com/2007/12/02/feather-under-the-water-a-beautiful-effect.html

Here's my paint.net remake:

undervannsbilde.png

Didn't really follow the text-steps, but was rather looking at the pics showing what was done

and some more polar playing :roll: :

polarplay.png

dragonseyesig.png

In the tutorial section of the forum, there is a really old tut on how to make images look vectorised without using a vector graphics application such as Inkscape.

I decided to so it with a picture of Gordon Brown (UK's Prime minister as of now)

Original:

gordonbrown.jpg

Vectorising tutorial:

9953_fe10891079e755b0f4f9498da60f6f82

(By the way, if you want the tut, look near the end of the tut section eg. pages 14, 15, 16, 17)

EDIT: Here's the link if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3192

@Jerkfight--cool. Looks like it was handpainted :P

New sig and avatar, based on ABC World News Tonight (also the inspiration of my nickname) graphics during 2004-2005 during the final Peter Jennings (R.I.P) era (probably more familiar to Americans). Everything 100% PdN. Except for the little TARDIS :P

Worldnewsersig.png

wntavat.png

In the tutorial section of the forum, there is a really old tut on how to make images look vectorised without using a vector graphics application such as Inkscape.

I decided to so it with a picture of Gordon Brown (UK's Prime minister as of now)

Original:

gordonbrown.jpg

Vectorising tutorial:

[attachment=0]Gordon Brown Vectorised.png[/attachment]

(By the way, if you want the tut, look near the end of the tut section eg. pages 14, 15, 16, 17)

EDIT: Here's the link if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3192

very nice Vista now would be the time I think I add up some screen shots on how I get the fellow 3d from there.

I didn't even see this tut, but its very similar to the first steps on how I draw my people.... I draw from scratch and don't trace but guess this is a good place for people to start.

so here is my hints on faces now in the tut section viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21909

Here is my picto...well its me of course...i just decided to make it look cartoony and with bright colors...and splatters and stuff..it came out really cool...love ya PDN 4 Ever <3

CANDYCOLORGRPHIX.jpg

...::Only one word can express how you really feel::...

surfacesig.png

Seeing a lot of people converting PS tuts, I went looking for an interesting tut. Found this and kinda liked the effect: http://9tutorials.com/2007/12/02/feather-under-the-water-a-beautiful-effect.html

Here's my paint.net remake:

undervannsbilde.png

Didn't really follow the text-steps, but was rather looking at the pics showing what was done

hmm for the "Plastic wrap" effect i think dents could be used... :?

Something I've been working on lately. (People on PDN Fan Forums might have already seen this)

I call it, Duality: Life and Death.

Okay, so its only the life half, I just started yesterday :lol:

So without further ado...

Tadaa!

th_Duality-Life-2.png

100% PDN, of course. :wink:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

@TheVoid - Those are not fonts, but I hand made those using bezier line/curves and ellipse's. I assure you they are 100% PDN.

EDIT: Oh, besides the silhouettes. Those are stock images adjusted to my needs.

@pantera - thanks :D

Now... I need more ideas on what to put. The top part looks kind of ... empty.

Any suggestions?

Okay ... a few updates. Just some rearranging and color changing.

th_Duality-Life-3.png

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

My go at Gordon Brown:

GordonBrown.gif

The only thing I used was Paint.NET's line tool.

(OK, I did use the circle tool to draw the eyes.)

Man, that is good! But now BoltBait, I WANT you to colour it. Remember, gradients are the best option in replicating vector images so good luck!

I tried adding a few wrinkles but they looked weird and made the entire image look bad so I removed them!

bugster liked the effect behind my alienware head in my sig and he asked if i could do a tut on it... but the only problem is i forgot how to do it!!!

But i tried and messed around with effects and came up with this...is it like the one in my sig... because from me i can see that the one in my sig has a darker blue around the edge...

Replicaofsig.png

and TBH its quite easy and i dont think it needs a tut but its up to you guys!!!

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

My brother supports Arsenal FC. I personally don't like them that much but they're ok!

Anyway, on Christmas Day or was it Boxing day, I decided to make an Arsenal FC Wallpaper for my brother - he deserved it!

So here it is:

Arsenalwallpaper.png

The only stock image I used was the Arsenal logo itself, everything else was made using Paint.NET!

Happy new rats year :).

@Janetsue that is wicked.

I was away from my pc couple days but before that i made my biggest pixel dragon and added sum abstract things. Worked 2-3 days on it. I will give it more try's but here's first accept.

dragonprojectfirstaccempt.png

sigwamprojxx.png