The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

The header image is Terragen with PDN post-processing.

Isn't the Sketchpad meant to be 100% PdN-made?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Here's what I've been working on lately:

okil1.png

okil4.png

PDN works very well for creating textures for skins. I'd previously been using the gimp for this, but PDN has gotten to the point that there is no reason why I can't use it (and no reason not to!). The magic wand tool is excellent in PDN; much better than what I'd been using previously.

The only things I've found that I really would like to see in PDN is multi-color gradients and the ability to shrink and grow selections. I think both of these issues have been previously brought up, so not complaining, just sayin'.

[EDIT] -- I can't claim most of the artwork here. Most of the intricate stuff was done by the excellent texture artists of the game developer!!

@Trooper: Looks good so far. If you have a picture of the finished guy (skinned, of course) let us see how it turns out! :)

Once I get the skin finished I will. Unfortunately, it's UT99 and everything gets broken down to 16bit color, so I still need to find a way to work with that to keep the skin looking good after UnrealED converts the .bmp's to .pcx.

Hmm. Does anyone know if maybe I need a special palette? Been doing this for years and just now thought of that...

Isn't the Sketchpad meant to be 100% PdN-made?

I don't really know. Paint.NET is an photo manipulation program as much as it is an graphic creation program, probably more so.

I like the contrast range photos (or in this case, rendered photo-realistic images) give, and it's nearly impossible to re-create that dynamic digitally. I feel justified in using it because photo manipulation is one of Paint.NET's "selling-points", if you will. Up 'til now, The Sketchpad has rather ignored that aspect of it.

What do you guys think?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

^^Nice layout, CMD^^

I'm working on a new cursor pack! It will be known only as "tNOS2" because I'm too lazy to type "the Next OS v2" (and it sounds cooler, too).

Here's a preview:

tnos2preview.png

*hint* I'm using the smaller one right now */hint*

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

CMD:

Paint.NET is an photo manipulation program as much as it is an graphic creation program, probably more so.

I like the contrast range photos (or in this case, rendered photo-realistic images) give, and it's nearly impossible to re-create that dynamic digitally. I feel justified in using it because photo manipulation is one of Paint.NET's "selling-points", if you will. Up 'til now, The Sketchpad has rather ignored that aspect of it.

What do you guys think?

I agree...

:wink:

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

I'm not mad. I'm actually happy because my idea was good enough to be reused in another cursor pack :D

Downloading right now...

EDIT@Last message: I guess that's true isn't it?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Just downloaded the cursor pack. I'm sorry to say that you made a slight error when saving. When saving an image, the configuration dialog automatically resizes your image to 32x32 pixels. As evidence shows, you cropped the images, then saved it (therefore the cursors are stretched out).

On to the next subject, I resized my sig (25 pixels shorter):

pdnsigfinal-1.png

Yes, I'm plotting something evil at the moment :twisted:

@FrEaK

@CMD

@Hope

@oma

@mustang maverick

@trooper

@The_Lionhearted

Thank you!! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I've been working on lately:

PDN works very well for creating textures for skins. I'd previously been using the gimp for this, but PDN has gotten to the point that there is no reason why I can't use it (and no reason not to!). The magic wand tool is excellent in PDN; much better than what I'd been using previously.

Agreed, and wanna see larger pic and the final result. :)

I don't really know. Paint.NET is an photo manipulation program as much as it is an graphic creation program, probably more so.

What do you guys think?

I would have to agree too, I started using PDN for photo manipulation, then later for graphic creation as well. :)

@barkbark00: Nice cut out!

@Wither: I like it, slowing down the text a bit might be even better :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]