Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Try a plane map on the top cylinder instead of whatever else you used, I think it should work. Also work on differentiating the texture so it doesn't seem so flat - keeping in mind your light source (imitating bump maps) - I would also add some shadows where they are needed (main cushion)

Great start, keep going with it :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@Pimwing. That wood texture is very good and the paper is like Welshblue said awesome. grass is something you should attempt in paint.net. This example is just a quick 5 min. off the top of my head grass imitation. I'm sure with the original picture in front of you it would be possible to spend more than 5mins and have some fantastic looking grass in that image. Then you can claim its 100% PDN.

(ASH quick tut taper line (mirror over line)) some gradiants and a little bulge outside the grass blades (my pear tut)

epicephinay now that's a fine use of the s3d . I'd like to see you fill those black endpieces in with some tufted fabric.

ciao OMA

5 mins grass

realisticgrass.png

well i finally did something with the flower i made

:D, I would like to thank oma again for the idea on how to make the grass... I tend to absorb everything i see, like the blob ahahaha!

here it is Dreaming of spring

9900ab83.png

enjoy,

chad

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

if you have pinapple wood that is,

i literally lol'd on that one...

here is something i made to prod welshy into making his log cabin scene...

eab5b810.png

i cut down some trees for him :D

you can see the full sized version on page 15 of my gallery

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

yeah i thought after i finished it that the grass was a little tall... lol i overlook these things sometimes. I will take a look and see if i can find helen's trees over the horizon thing.

lol i knew what tutorial you were talking about oddly enough i have been playing with it and i cant get it to turn out the way i want it yet, but i will figure a way for it to work.

edit: Figured out how to get it to fit into the image and did some other minor adjustments after i took a real hard look at it. Please tell me what you think :oops:

c6d805c6.png

click to see the full sized.. it looks better in my humble opinion.

lol i knew what tutorial you were talking about oddly enough i have been playing with it and i cant get it to turn out the way i want it yet, but i will figure a way for it to work.

edit: Figured out how to get it to fit into the image and did some other minor adjustments after i took a real hard look at it. Please tell me what you think :oops:

c6d805c6.png

click to see the full sized.. it looks better in my humble opinion.

Yes much better. The trees on the horizon gives it much more depth. That's a nice stack of firewood, you should go ahead and build a campfire. :D

This is a new landscape I did last week.

th_Lakeshore.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Here is something that i have been toying with seeing what i can do. I found a tutorial for some realistic eyes and i have been working to adapt it to pdn. This is what i have so far.

bf991812.png

it still needs some work on depth and such but will you guys tell me what you think?