Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

yup! Its a duckling! And I like the spacescape, you used gravity for the space rock in the foreground, right? A few things, just my opinions: the space clouds seem too blue, maybe lighten them a bit? Also, the planets seem too detailed, for them to be in the background. Maybe blurthem a bit? But overall, amazing

sig22.jpg

@ emeraldcullen awesome duckling ! I can't wait to see the background you come up with. Maybe a barnyard scene?

@ Yellowman, I swear I didn't know you were working on another spacescape ! That is really awesome. I really like how you transition from the space into the atmosphere. The planet texture and lighting is really great. I do think the larger stars could use a little Gaussian blur, maybe a 1 or 2.

This is something I did this afternoon while watching the Colts game. Yea ! Go Colts !

The Black Hole

BlackHole.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the landscape :)

@ emeraldcullen : if the duckling is anything to go by i think you have plenty talent :)

@ Yellowman : love it , not sure where the large shadow on the main planet is coming from though :?:

@ Possum : love the intergalactic jellyfish there wonderful, im doing a rework of the landscape so you will know there are sheep i may throw a goose in too :)

@emeraldcullen: Very cute duckling, great texture for feathers too :)

@YM: Wowee, thats really nice. I love the colours, they all work together really well. Oh and the POV runs smoothly too :)

@Possum: Space jellyfish! also going a bit unnoticed atm is the nice red planet top right, i love that deep red texture :).

edit:

@AFG: Cant wait to see the reworked piece

@emeraldcullen, thanks, yes you are right the rocks and the mountains shape all been done with clouds then Gravity plugin and that was the main concern, the background (planet and space) actually was a ready image I just pasted behind.

@Axle, thanks man, and good idea, I think you are right they need shadow on the floor or on each other, is that what you mean? Good point I will study that.

@Possum Roadkill, :lol: my friend, I believe you, may be we were on same wave, BTW your image ( The Black Hole) is very nice I like those creatures very much, looks like they are so smart and never been swallowed by that dead star, just one thing, way the rays on the bottom left not as same direction as the star rays? Wonderful.

@A Fleeting Glimpse, thank you very much, the image below is the original I just added as a background, I think it looks better and showing that the source of the large shadow is coming from the moon, may be the moon is too close to the planet that's way there is some confusion.

th_2planets-1.jpg

@ Nemo, thanks so much, and glad you like it, what is POV? :oops:

@ Nemo, thanks so much, and glad you like it, what is POV? :oops:

Sorry, where i come from we call point of view POV to save time. Im sure you know what it means but basically the flow of the picture. You may know as point of perception (POP)?. Uhm, this can probably explain it better than me (link)

@ Nemo : im wondering if you maybe thinking of point (of vision) - The object distance at which the eye is focused with the eye lens in a neutral or relaxed state.

There is also point (of fixation) -An established point on which the observer's eye is focused. :)

Like the new avi/sig combo... :)

@ yy10 : like the snowflake :)

@ YY10 ... nice snowflake. I'd like to know the steps you took in that 5 minutes. It looks great.

@ emeraldcullen ... nicely made chick. Is it smudge for his/ her coat or Ash's fur tutorial ? It looks great either way . The feet look great too.

@ YM ... awesome work again. I'm going Gravity mad trying to work out how you made the hills/ cliffs. Thanks, you always think of the best techniques for me to play with :wink:

@ Possum' ... wow. Great jellyfish, nice planets and great eyeris/ flower. You say my imagination is good ... maybe this image is more abstract as well as being realistic ? :P

My mix to some great images all the way back through the pages

A mix of Shipwreck Alley and Submarine

= th_seaandland.jpg

Is that Island floating? :lol: Try adding some sand under where the island is.

"Being calm can work wonders"

Signature-1.png

That's either a really small submarine, or those are some gigantic barrels :lol:

Perspective issues aside, that's a great compilation of wonderful images you've created there Welsh, great job!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Anyone like this snow flake? It's extremely easy. Just 5 minutes and done.

EDIT: Sorry, double posted. It was a bug.

I thought you said it was a snowflake not a bug. Now I'm confused. :shock:

@ Welshblue, COOL ! I love the combination of the shoreline and the sub ! Great image ! That sub looks so real ! What kind is it? I bet it's a research sub looking for jellysquid.

And meanwhile in another part of the galaxy...

A View from an Ice Planet.

ViewFromAnIcePlanet.png

@ Yellowman, I am really enjoying this technique. It is one of the best and most fun I have learned on here. :D

Thats awesome Possum, reminds me of the sun possibly?

Oh and YY meant bug as in it double posted the snowflake :wink:

Thanks. The original title for the image was Planet of Ice, Moon of Fire, but that sounded pretty stupid :P so I changed it. Kind of a room with a view pic. :lol:

Yes, I picked up on that. That was my feeble attempt at humor. :D And now you know why they call me Roadkill....that joke was as flat as a Possum waffle.

wow! yellowman that fabric texture is amazing. That window is amazing. I want a tut on that fabric texture if all possible. I am betting it is wayyy to loong for a tutorial but i would love to see one for it.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"