Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

@DigitalAssasin: No, it looks like blood now. lol, I like it way better!

@Bizor: Nice job, but as possum said, they need to be more recognized. Not hiding in the background.

@Cortez: Hmmm...it's alright, I do not like how dark it is. It is extremely huge, but I like the vector style of it.

@Possum: Love it! Looks nice as always! ;)

@Lance: Not going to agree with barbieq25 here. It is rather EXTREMELY bright. I really do not like that. But, if it was a bit darker, and didn't seem like it had jaggies everywhere, I would like it so much better.

Just make more contrast, reorganize the text and put a small C4D in the background.

thegamesecond.png

I'm liking it much better. You have a very good eye for composition. I liked it as soon as I saw your original and I like what improvements you have made. So these are just some suggestions I would make and by all means, it's your image, and this is just what I might have done with it. I don't make a lot of suggestions because to me things like sigs are subjective and people see things in different ways. I wouldn't be at all offended if you don't take any of my advice. So here goes....

thegamesecond.png

1. I would make the city skyline a little taller so that the tallest buildings are just lower than his shoulder. It would make him appear closer to the city skyline. That would mean you would also need to move the clouds and sun's rays up as well. This also fills some of the blank space at the top of the sig.

2. I would then move the text line "palm trees and drug stores" down to the bottom over the skyline and make the text a little larger and maybe even in a different text. Have you seen in a movie where the movie title is one font, and then there's a tag line in a plain font like Ariel?

3. I would center (move a little to the right) "Welcome to" and "Los Angeles" above the sun's rays. I think you have the ratio of the sizes of text OK. You could make them a little larger as long as it doesn't overwhelm your cityscape.

4. I would move the "LA" down a little so it's not under the text. You could also duplicate the layer and on the lower copy use outline object with an angle that creates and outline on only the edges where the sun's rays would cause a hi-lite like the sun is reflecting of the LA. Or you could leave it a single color. Either way, it adds a nice touch.

So there you go. My advice and a dollar will get you a bad cup of coffee. I think it's a very good sig without changing a thing. I like the bold use of color, the skyline and the sun's rays all blend very well. Good job.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Honestly, I love it.

Nice use of c4ds, the smudging is AWESOME, and it is just exceptional! How long have you been in Paint.NET? Only problem I really have is the text, but no sig is perfect. ;)

Any thoughts on my new sig? Decided to give c4ds a try:

Stock_Signature_by_chrisco97.png

The c4d going thru her face is so she doesn't look pasted on. Stocks are posted in my gallery.

Edited by chrisco97

The c4d going thru her face is so she doesn't look pasted on.

Not a good idea. Dont place something over the focal point just to make it seem like its not pasted in. To make something not seem just pasted in then add effects around the focal point, in the foreground and background. you could also blur some elements for a greater sense of depth.

The sig isn't bad itself, good colour variation and some fairly interesting effects. the dots are too uniform though, some variation in size would help. ;)

Keep it up. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

@cecemel99: i love that signature too, very good, i can't really think of an improvement because it works but i'm not saying it's perfect, just great

@chrisco: it's lacking something and there is too much of the render and hardly any C4D, and the girl looks kinda strained in the eyes, maybe edit it to blend with the rest of the sig. just options

@St1cki3: it's a bit plain and simple but you have done well with cutting and blending, keep practicing

what do you guys think of this signature?? its a different style that i quite liked so what do you guys think??

stormtrooper.png

Thanks Chris and Axle! :)

I've been into Paint.net for a while now but not that long in making signatures. I'd really like to learn how to make some nice signatures.

About the text. Any tips of how I can include text into a sig? (blending modes/positions/colors?)

Thanks!

~Does this smell like chlorophorm?~

Axle: Thanks for the opinions. On your sig, I think it is too plain. There are no real effects on the render, and the text is quite bad. I like the style though, just ways to improve it.

cecemel99: I think you should place the text somewhere near the head, and maybe add a gradient in it. It would go well with the sig. But remember, only please your self.

What do you guys think of this?

Julius_Jones_Signature_by_chrisco97.png

One of my favourite players of my favourite NFL team!

Edited by chrisco97

@Sticki: I like the eyes, pretty cool.

@axle: love this on. not to much and clean

@chrisco: background is a little bit to much but each element fit the next, I like the sig

what about this, taking a pic from a friend of mine...

renk12700400.png

prototypen.png

Appreciate the comments Chrisco, Axle, and Cortez. And Axle, what do you mean by cutting? O.o I didn't cut the eyes from the shirt if that's what you mean..lol.

Cortez, I like the concept of it. Clean job with cutting out the building and the person and nice job with the lines on the left hand side :D. But something about the text is odd. But great job overall. Some people may not like the monotone of it, but I like the use of monotone.

Edited by St1cki3

RFSig_sd.png

musicbar.php?username=St1cki3&color=grey

Appreciate the comments Chrisco, Axle, and Cortez. And Axle, what do you mean by cutting? O.o I didn't cut the eyes from the shirt if that's what you mean..lol.

Cortez, I like the concept of it. Clean job with cutting out the building and the person and nice job with the lines on the left hand side :D. But something about the text is odd. But great job overall. Some people may not like the monotone of it, but I like the use of monotone.

I really like it. The eyes are what makes it for me. The teeth are awesome too. Very clever piece.

@ Cortez. Wow, very nice. I really like the abstractness of the background. Good clean image work. I kind of like the text myself. I guess because of the odd font. Not what you usually see. Overall, I'd say a 8 to 8.5. Looking forward to your next work. You should take a look at the Sig of the week comp that Chrisco hosts. I think you would do well if you enter.

Hey all!

I've always wanted to make a nice signature for myself, so after going through a lot of tutorials on this site and doing some practicing, I made my signature.

Just know that I'm pretty new at this, so yea. (FYI, for those of you who don't know, the character is Kamina from the anime 'Gurren Lagann')

sig.jpg

hope you like!

sig.jpg

Jedi's, ninjas, and space-westerns...these are truly the stuff of legend

Hey all!

I've always wanted to make a nice signature for myself, so after going through a lot of tutorials on this site and doing some practicing, I made my signature.

Just know that I'm pretty new at this, so yea. (FYI, for those of you who don't know, the character is Kamina from the anime 'Gurren Lagann')

sig.jpg

hope you like!

Good start and welcome to the forum. One suggestion I would make is that your name fades into the background too much. You could add an outline to it or maybe use the drop shadow and use white as the shadow instead of black. That would make it stand out from the background more.

makes sense. Now that I really look at it, it does seem to be a little too transparent. Thanks

Edit: I tried some adjustments, but I really couldnt make it much brighter without loosing the desired effect. But hey, I like ninjas, and it kinda goes along with the ninja theme, as its 'blending into the shadows' :P

Odd though, since I didn't try to make it look like that.

Edited by theclumsyninja

sig.jpg

Jedi's, ninjas, and space-westerns...these are truly the stuff of legend

Guest PsychoHarmonic

sig2.png

HELP?

i want that moon to look like metal any help there?

P.S:

the font is bookshelf symbol 7

Edited by PsychoHarmonic

I don't remember everything.

The bottom layer is pieces copy/pasted from the sun and planet in the sig.

Next, Inside/Out plugin effect applied.

Duplicated and Frosted Glass, duplicated Radial blurred.

The right half copy/pasted into new layers, and rotated 15 degrees counter-clockwise.

(To point more towards the planet.)

Some stars added.

Here's the .pdn file to look over, if you want to.

MetalMoon_pdn