Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

@danielfran: it is interesting, but i dont know if the text fits with the rest of the sig.

my new avatar and sig:

newsig.jpg

newavatar.jpg

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

I do have to agree with that, but I don't have any of my downloaded fonts on the computer that I did those on. I'll probably load them into my other computer and try something else... Someday. I hate the normal fonts that computers come with.

We're all wise guys.

These are 2 sigs I made for myself and want to know what you think since im new to all this

This one is Aerith from Final Fantasy VII

AerithFFVII.png

And this one is Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII

LightningFFXIII.png

LightningFFXIII-1.png

I like the fire and flames sig, looks very cool.

@intoxicated: good beginning with the second render but I dont like the colours in the background.

Here's another one from mine:

codghost.png

Thougt about to make a text but thougt it would be better in this way.

prototypen.png

Cortez: It's alright, needs a bit of work. Not as good as the one in sig battles.

Tiharo: Like the avatar, but hate the sig. I hate seeing that light beam effect so much.

I love the left side, but the right side just doesnt flow in my opinion. I tried to put that as constructively as possible. If the eye were blended in better then it would look much better. Maybe its the white that ruins the effect...

We're all wise guys.

Hey, I put these in the advanced critique section, but I wanted another opinion from here as well. I have only used PDN for 4 days. The one with the sniper I botched it, as it had a white background and I cut too much off erasing it. Be as hard as you want critiquing me, as that's how I learn thanks :)

zainpaint.jpgswitchback.jpgwhitepanicblur.jpg

Edited by Panic
whitepanicblur.jpg

They are all really basic, and the first one looks bad. No offense, of course. ;)

Last one is the best, love the text. :)

Thanks, no offense taken I know I botched the first one but I think they look really cool. I've only had paint.net for a few days and to me they look really nice :) but its nice to hear a different opinion.

whitepanicblur.jpg

I understand.

What do you guys think of this? Whipped it up quick.

werewolf_signature_by_chrisco97-d301b6m.png

And yes, I used the same technique as my God of War tag for the text. :lol:

Edited by chrisco97

nice job chrisco, again :) How do you make the lighting and blends, perhaps you can pm to me the pdn-pic so I can have a look at it.

prototypen.png

@Panic:

The first one is a classic "newbie" (not n00b) sig: fire background, text with glow and a render - in this case, a gun. There isn't much to say about this signature. It isn't BAD, it's very basic and so common.

The second has a very interesting background, but quite frankly I can't think of any use for it. If the sig were only that background with slightly different colour scheme, it might be pretty good.

Try to use a colour other than red next time :)

@Chrisco: I think I've commented on this before in your gallery. I like the effects though they are subtle. You've got the light source in the right place as well! You could try going with a smaller focal next time :)

1p6qew.png

Checking if my über1337hax smudging skillz0rz are still there... Still a WIP.

Man is a stock photo from http://vishstudio.deviantart.com

Rendered by me in PS

Is anyone still interested in a smudge tutorial? I ACTUALLY have time now :)

Edited by Kemaru

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

@panic: Celldweller fan eh? i like the last one the best.

@kemaru: like the colors!

We're all wise guys.

Good, but the left side's splatters seem out of place and neither the pink on the top right corner nor the green explosion on the left match the yellow reflection on the visor. Looks: 7.5/10 Composition: 7.5/10 Realism: 4.5/10 I'll give you a 6.5!