Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Hello everyone. Not much of an active member here but I'd thought I'd share my work.

I realize the following signatures don't fit this forum's "guidelines", but the forum I visit regularly has larger limits so naturally I take every pixel I can get. If it's a problem please tell me and I will remove them.

Beware, lots of images.

vortexd.png

94202724.png

trippy.png

razer.png

rc2cutstype2v2.png

rc2cuts2.png

pluto.png

notaworkinprogress.png

myowncoollinesbrah.png

hexagon.png

halflife2sigpngv2.png

cyanideandhappiness.png

bsod.png

boondocksaints.png

blueswirl.png

becauseyoucare.png

atisig.png

amindlessworker.png

Guys come on, dont just post your images right after another user, please allow them some time to gain feedback, and if you dont want to wait, at least have the politeness to comment on their work. Respect the rules guys, they help to keep order in this forum.

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

I see you guys are very big on matching avatars and sigs. Personally I prefer a more comical or meaningful avatar, and the sig may or may not match.

Frontcannon, the orange flames/streaks look un-antialiased and random, maybe do a bit of adjusting with those. But otherwise nice sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Can see what its supposed to be :|... no real flow in it (lots of anoying lines..) and kinda monotone (i useally like it).. nice idear tho...

is this worth a tutorial, i ask cause i want to create a Tut, but i dont know if its too easy to create or its been done before...

gotext.png

Guys come on, dont just post your images right after another user, please allow them some time to gain feedback, and if you dont want to wait, at least have the politeness to comment on their work. Respect the rules guys, they help to keep order in this forum.

Ditto!

Alex, nice work!

IAO, love the soft pastel colour. Well done.

Mero, would have like to see more of the pattern but nice work too.

Belgamsid, great avvie. Love the concept. Well done.

Can we please have some more critique/comments on pervious ones & not just post our own? Rules, please!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

So what'cha think of this?

sigfantasy.png

It's the first time I've ever tried this kind of sigs. And I love doing it :)

Ouch. It's very harsh. You don't want your effects to be too contrasted. You also need to add effects on top of your sprite (as in, same XY position, but on a layer above it), that's known as blending. Find some sigs of that style on deviantart and see how the effects are placed. You did a good job putting most of the effects around the focal though.

Edited by Sidereal

Sort of like a cut-out, or sticker on a background. My opinion doesnt count for much as I havnt been studying design in a long while.

However, I am currently getting back too it. So with that, thought I'd put up my newest signature and see if anyone has an opinion (btw, I'm using dual monitors, one is lcd and the other is an old desktop monitor. The difference in graphics is astonishing. On one screen it looks fine, the other made it look like a block of red. Just something to keep in mind.):

Fierce.png

Sort of like a cut-out, or sticker on a background. My opinion doesnt count for much as I havnt been studying design in a long while.

However, I am currently getting back too it. So with that, thought I'd put up my newest signature and see if anyone has an opinion (btw, I'm using dual monitors, one is lcd and the other is an old desktop monitor. The difference in graphics is astonishing. On one screen it looks fine, the other made it look like a block of red. Just something to keep in mind.):

Fierce.png

Like this one...looks fine on my monitor. Like the red colour & the small border top & bottom. Probably would have liked to see the text a bit bigger?

I think you did a great job with this one.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012