Paint.NET v3.10 is now available

There should only be one .dll file in your effects folder for each of the duplicate effects. The other effects (I'm guessing) are coded into paint.net's source. Hope that helps :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

The update doesn't remove it, it just replaces it. Your downloaded copies of the plugins are still there, they've just been supplanted by other copies within the PdN code itself. The only duplicates you have are the ones you can see two of in your "effects" folder (Portrait and Ink Sketch, probably).

Oma! I'm so glad to see you back! :-) We missed you. (Well, I did. I'm sure going to feel dumb if you've been here the whole time...)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Comi...

The Popular Feature Requests[/url]":34889]Layer "folders", or the ability to organize layers in a hierarchy -- I want this too, and it depends on some major plumbing work being done. This would be a Paint.NET v4.0 level of feature. No ETA.

;) Patience is a virtue.

PNGOUT! PNGOUT! PNGOUT!

It's shaved off between 2-10 KB on every picture compared to PNGCrush, and yes it may be a command line application, but what I've found easier is to have the .exe in my signatures folder and simply drag and drop the desired file onto the .exe. PNGGauntet has compressed them the same as PNGOUT (obviously) but I've found the UI has slowed down the process on some of the larger .png's I've wanted to compress.

EDIT: changed 5 KB > 2 KB, I don't know why I hit the 5 key.

I actually prefer optipng now, it does a slightly better job. Plus its license is more open, maybe I can integrate it somehow ... * gets ideas *

I would like to see a "Compress PNG with OptiPNG" checkbox in the future.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I would like to see a "Compress PNG with OptiPNG" checkbox in the future.

Basic options:
   -h, -help           show this help
   -v                  verbose mode / show copyright, version and build info
   -o           optimization level (0-7)                default 2
   -i            interlace type (0-1)                    default 
   -k, -keep           keep a backup of the modified files
   -q, -quiet          quiet mode
Advanced options:
   -zc         zlib compression levels (1-9)           default 9
   -zm         zlib memory levels (1-9)                default 8
   -zs     zlib compression strategies (0-3)       default 0-3
   -zw    zlib window size (32k,16k,8k,4k,2k,1k,512)
   -f         PNG delta filters (0-5)                 default 0,5
   -nb                 no bit depth reduction
   -nc                 no color type reduction
   -np                 no palette reduction
   -nz                 no IDAT recompression (also disable reductions)
   -fix                enable error recovery
   -force              write a new output, even if it is larger than the input
   -full               produce a full report on IDAT (might reduce speed)
   -preserve           preserve file attributes if possible
   -simulate           run in simulation mode, do not create output files
   -out          write output file to 
   -dir     write output file(s) to 
   -log          log messages to 
   --                  stop option switch parsing

You said, checkbox :D

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

^That's where another one of my ideas comes in. I think there should be two versions of Paint.NET 4.0 when it comes out-- Basic Edition and Professional Edition (maybe even a Standard in between). I would explain how the versions would be like, but I don't think it would be worth all that time.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I'm sure it would be similar to the Set Defaults option now - the program would retain the most common default setting so anyone upgrading would still feel at home with the interface.

Those who want to change things will be able to do so, and those who don't know that things can be changed probably wouldn't want them changed anyway. In the event that the novice users do want to customize something, the experienced users will be able to point them in the right direction and help them through it.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I see what you're saying. We can just do what a ton of other programs do. Add an "Advance" button on every toolbar and window. :D

:shock: :cry:

Yeah, Paint.NET isn't every other program.

Ok. Maybe instead of adding "Advance" buttons everywhere, maybe increase power and still maintaining the perfect UI?

I'm still alive!