Sign in to follow this  
pyrochild

Outline Object

I mean, keep only the outlines. Just like the "outline" effect, but use primary color and all that.

Outline object in black, Alpha mask plugin, don't load anything, invert colors, find a way to make the black red. Try gradient mapping maybe?

Download is down.

Confirmed.

MediaFire "lost" my file... I no longer have a copy of the file, nor the source code. If Crazy Man Dan or usedHONDA (or anyone else, for that matter) would be willing to upload their copy somewhere and post a link here AND/OR send me the file so I can host it on dA (much more reliable), I would be much obliged.

I no longer have a copy of the file, nor the source code.

I just PM'd you the source code.

Uploaded. See first post. Thanks, BoltBait. It feels kinda weird for someone else to be sending me my own source code...

EDIT: by the way, it no longer has an icon. This is temporary, just until I make version 2.0, which , as promised, will have the ability to change the color in the dialog without having to close the window and change the color in PDN.

Please don't call me mad, but as you are making a 2.0 version I just wanted to ask if you still say that this is not a render effect. In fact, it renders a colored line around an object, and therefore it should be moved to "render" for the sake of gaining free space (as the plugin management system will not be included in PDN 3.20). I would be pretty happy if this could be done. But OK, it's your work, and I will not post this request again.

Error report. Enjoy.

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline Object.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: 0 is not a valid value for Radius
  at PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.Property.set_Value(Object value)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffectConfigToken.SetPropertyValue(Object propertyName, Object newValue)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BlurEffect.OnSetRenderInfo(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BlurEffect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

It looks like that's a result of Rick turning off zero-value effects for the Alpha. But that could be my stark raving madness shining through once again.

Error report. Enjoy.

[stuff]

Yar. Just ... don't set the width to 0 ;)

A new version of Outline Object should arrive about the same time PdN 3.20 hits Final Release, so just hold tight.

Error report. Enjoy.

[stuff]

Yar. Just ... don't set the width to 0 ;)

A new version of Outline Object should arrive about the same time PdN 3.20 hits Final Release, so just hold tight.

Or 1 for that matter.

Or 1 for that matter.

?!?

I'm pretty sure it works fine at 1...

WOW! I just checked, and not only does it work fine at 1, it DOESN'T allow you to select 0! So... go download the latest version. Silly-head...

Or 1 for that matter.

?!?

I'm pretty sure it works fine at 1...

WOW! I just checked, and not only does it work fine at 1, it DOESN'T allow you to select 0! So... go download the latest version. Silly-head...

You didn't tell us there was a new version, you only told us MediaFile lost it.......

So, I like the plugin. Thank you. However, I'm only commenting because, after reading through the entire thread, I wanted to compliment pyrochild on his snappy retorts.

So, I like the plugin. Thank you. However, I'm only commenting because, after reading through the entire thread, I wanted to compliment pyrochild on his snappy retorts.

And the same to you, sir!

@Pyro:

On a new layer (otherwise transparent), draw a shape using a semi-transparent color.

Now, run Outline Object.

Zounds! It's made the formerly transparent shape opaque!

:? is this a bug, or a feature?

'Tis neither a bug nor a feature. It's just the way it works. Play around with the settings and colors some, and you'll get a better idea of exactly how it works. Specifically, test it with Softness settings in the very upper range, 250-255-ish.

Is everyone OK with the next version of this being in the Stylize menu? It makes sense to me, and it keeps it next to PdN's Outline effect.

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions? Blatant verbal abuse?

Is everyone OK with the next version of this being in the Stylize menu? It makes sense to me, and it keeps it next to PdN's Outline effect.

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions? Blatant verbal abuse?

I would like to see an "Object" menu with this and a few other effects (like Feather and Wet floor).