This plugin uses the border of the Alpha channel of the layer as a guide for the outline. Make sure you're making your text on a new layer with nothing else on it.

I had this exact same problem. i think.

do your text on a new layer.

welshred, as you can see you're not the only one to be confused about this. Don't feel bad :D

I've updated the first post to include that little detail.

...it doesn't outline anything....any help?

That is all the plugin does. What are you trying to outline...post an example image.

I'm guessing that the object you want outlined is not cut out, or it's not on its own layer.

Having a real difficulty downloading, page refuses to open for me and the right click method is getting an error mesage that connection with the server cannot be established. Is it possible to host elsewhere?

Hi Pyrochild,

Thanks for this very useful plugin. Wonder if it could be possible to allow the plugin outline colour to be changed before finalizing its effect. This will be useful for testing out how a particular colour blends in with the rest of the background or picture.

Hi Pyrochild,

Thanks for this very useful plugin. Wonder if it could be possible to allow the plugin outline colour to be changed before finalizing its effect. This will be useful for testing out how a particular colour blends in with the rest of the background or picture.

Ditto.

Hi Pyrochild,

Ditto.

Sure.... I'll get to it... eventually....