How to Install Plugins ×

Parallel Lines and Patterns

midora

@ Sorry I did not understand. Where Add effect or paint.net folder?

You may store an options settings file (like OverlappingCircles.xml) at any place because Load... will ask you for the location.

post-84641-0-66239600-1419057449_thumb.j

But the default path of the file selector is your Paint.NET user folder (this name depends on the language):

...\Paint.NET User Files\OptionBasedEffects\ParallelLinesEffect\

Does this answer your question?

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif

Does this answer your question?

@ Yes sir. Thank you for your efforts and wish you a Merry Christmas. bdzdah9w.gif

So I understood it better (with images)  :)
  • Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 weeks later...

Update 1.4 (4.1.2015)
- Reorganized the shape line types to make it easier to use regular shape types and their stretched parts.
  The size of Circles, Squares, Diamonds and Hexagons is defined only by the amplitude option now.
  The streched variants like ellipse, rectangle, streched diamonds and stretched hexagons work as before.
- Added Hexagon Shapes
- Length of whole line allows to select 'One Period' now. This makes it easier to render just one single
  line segment like a single hexagon.
- Added reference scaling. Scaling happens in the final drawing. Means if you enter a value
  of 1cm somewhere and the scale factor is set to two then 2cm will be used in the drawing!
  Pressing the 'Apply' button will scale the depending options and reset the scale factor to one.
- The reference point option control allows to enter pixel or other unit values now (instead of percent).
- Added switch 'Origin at center of pixel (else in-between pixels)'
  If set then
    - the position (0,0) is at the center of the top/left pixel of the bounding rectangle of the selection
    - reference point values will be rounded to integer values without fractional parts
  If not set then
    - the position (0,0) is at top/left of the top/left pixel of the bounding rectangle of the selection
    - reference point values will not be rounded
  So if the switch is off you get more precise results but maybe not what a user expects at first glance.
- Tooltip of NumericUpDown controls shows the value of the control in different units now (before just the possible unit names).

OptionDoubleVectorPanWithUnits.jpg

- Added a work-around to avoid that sometimes the first tab page of the dialog shows a slider.
  The basic issue is still not fixed in OptionBasedLibrary but it should be OK for this dialog.

• Upvote 3

midoras signature.gif

Thank you very much for another new version.  :pizza:  :mtdew:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update 1.5 (18.1.2015)
- Added 'Interference layer' option: Allows to overlay a duplicate of the line pattern with a different angle.
  This may be used to create a moire effect.

post-84641-0-03137000-1421597700_thumb.j

The same effect can be generated by using PLAP a second time with a different reference angle.

It is just easier to examine patterns if you can do it in one step.

Typically you are trying to remove moire effects. But sometimes it may be an interesting effect.

OK, this may need an example.

Let's assume you are starting with a packed sine waves pattern:

PackedSineWaves.png

Now add an interference angle of 2 degrees and you will get this:

PackedSineWaves2degrees.png

Or using 45 degrees:

PackedSineWaves45degrees.png

If the distance of the parallels is larger then you may generate patterns without moire:

Here a standard ellipsoid wave with an interference angle of 90:

EllipsoidWaves90degrees.png

Remember that you may save your option settings via the menu at the bottom of the dialog. You may even select a preset which is used always after a restart of paint.net.

Edited by midora
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

midoras signature.gif

Wonderful!

Control Angel: Maybe a typo?

Maybe ;-)

Thanks for the hint. If your version ends with .550 then it should be fixed.

Or just search for the angel in the .dlc file and change it (but not to devil please ;-)

midoras signature.gif

@Martin Osieka! Absolutely wonderful idea and reakization, beautiful creative. Thank you very much.  :beer:  :pizza:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Seerose, Remake, TR: I'm surprized but happy that you are so enthusiastic about this strange feature. Quite often you have no idea what happens if you are playing with this option.

Still looking forward to add a tab page which will allow you to collect previews of the last used settings. The current method to load and save option settings via the menu at the bottom of the dialog is not quite user friendly (but better than nothing).

midoras signature.gif

• 1 month later...

Small update

• 1.6 (8.3.2015)
    - The Circle, square, dieamond, and hexagon shape use the center parameter.
    - The dialog can be resized.
    - The interference layer angle got the option to 'spread' the reference vector or to ' add' to the vector
  • Upvote 2

midoras signature.gif

@Martin Osieka! Thanks again for your effort and new version. efb2k2xm.gif

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks Seerose. Little bit late for a coffee in Switzerland just now but there is a Monday morning near.

midoras signature.gif

Very impressive use of tables in the original post. Nice additions

Well, I requested, EER implemented and now the table feature has to be used somewhere. ;-)

I't s always the question how to present information to the users in a compact way. To use tables may be a little bit formal but makes it easy to scan the left column for the information you are looking for.

midoras signature.gif

Thanks Seerose. Little bit late for a coffee in Switzerland just now but there is a Monday morning near.

I hope so it's not too late for that. mxfburwu.gif

Edited by Seerose

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Well, I requested, EER implemented and now the table feature has to be used somewhere. ;-)

I't s always the question how to present information to the users in a compact way. To use tables may be a little bit formal but makes it easy to scan the left column for the information you are looking for.

I had thought about making an info table mandatory for new plugins.  Yours is very well laid out.  Perhaps an example to the rest of us :D

• Upvote 1

I had thought about making an info table mandatory for new plugins.  Yours is very well laid out.  Perhaps an example to the rest of us :D

Not the best place to dicussed it, but if you like to do something like this then you may distinguish between some mandatory and optional tags. Anyway makes most sense if it saves you some time to keep plugin list up to date.

midoras signature.gif

It would make the initial plugin entry much easier to create. Subsequent changes within the table would be ignored unless pointed out by the author. Like a menu change or renaming the DLL.

My process is a manual compilation, not automated ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Ahhh - I see what you mean.  But  - and this is probably a silly thing to ask - why would you want to disable the antialias ...... as you would then get 'jaggies' :(.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.