Parallel Lines and Patterns

- Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder
  (NOT to Paint.NET\Effects\ !!!)
- Copy the two files ParallelLines.Effect.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\Effects\
  folder
- Do not remove other versions of the OptionBasedLibrary if they are required
  from other plugins.
After a restart of Paint.NET you will find the plugin at
  Menu->Effects->Render->Parallel Lines and Patterns...

Don`t work. In the "Render" menu, it is not.

14 minutes ago, ztv said:

Don`t work. In the "Render" menu, it is not.

If you have UAC enabled, you'll also need to unblock the dll files.

To unlock the dll files, right-click on a DLL and choose "Properties" from the menu. On the "General" tab, look for an "Unlock" button. If there, click it and click the "Apply" button.

Spoiler

Step10.jpg

See full details here: http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.asp

toe_head2001

Thanks, but no. UAC is disabled altogether.

In the Russian localization were two folders, "Render" and "Patterns" (In Russian "Узоры"). Plug-in found in the "Patterns" (In Russian "Узоры").

Sorry for the trouble.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD IT?

.... snip.....

Download

Find the latest version of the plugin ParallelLines v1.6 (8.3.2015) here

Where can I download this Plugin ???? Thank you

1 hour ago, jeqk said:

HOW TO DOWNLOAD IT?

Where can I download this Plugin ???? Thank you

Use the link at the end of the sentence headed by the word DOWNLOAD.

3 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hi there @WentBerzerk and Welcome :D.  You can do that - please look at the top of the tool bar.

rlkBR6A.png

@Pixey Thanks, glad to be here. Now, the antialias works for brushes and such, but it does not, however, work on this particular plugin. I checked the plugin settings, but I haven't found such a feature.

Ahhh - I see what you mean.  But  - and this is probably a silly thing to ask - why would you want to disable the antialias ...... as you would then get 'jaggies' :(.

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\ParallelLines.Effect.dll
      Name: OptionBasedEffects.ParallelLinesEffect
      Version: 1.6.0.575
      Author: Martin Osieka
      Copyright: © 2014-2015, ComSquare AG, Switzerland
      Website: http://forums.comsquare.ch/viewforum.php?title=Paint.NET Tools
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.GraphicsPath.AddBeziers(PointF[] points)
   at OptionBasedEffects.LinePaths.CreateSineWavePath(Single len, Single period, Single amplitude, Single splitPercent)
   at OptionBasedEffects.ParallelLinesEffect.RenderRectangle(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle renderRect)
   at OptionBasedEffects.ParallelLinesEffect.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 98
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 170
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 150
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 142
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 239
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 418
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 374
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 320
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_4.<RunEffectImpl>b__2() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 964

It's happened to me multiple times.

Edited by Woodsy

@Woodsy do you have the .dll/.dlc,  in the correct place?

"Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\Effects\ !!!)"

57 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

So, nobody has a clue why this happens?

Based on the stack trace you posted, I would guess that the number of points (x,y  points) the plugin is trying to use for a bezier curve is invalid.

So, a programming oversight.  i.e.  The number of points ought to be validated before trying to render a bezier curve with them.

PDN crashes.

Repro:

1. Choose Orientation tab
2. Reference Scale -  Factor : move the slider to minimum value or near
3. Apply

JByFzv4.png

38 minutes ago, xod said:

Repro:

1. Choose Orientation tab
2. Reference Scale -  Factor : move the slider to minimum value or near
3. Apply

Yup.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0.25' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Hopefully @Martin Osieka will come back to the forums sometime, and fix the past few reported crashing bugs.

Ok, I have read all of the pages for this plugin. I'm not a software writer, so, if the stuff that was written on the first page was something to do with what I'm going to ask about, and all that code writing that went with it, that part lost me. However, this is a very cool plugin and at the bottom of it, one has an option to "LOAD" what looks like an .xml file. Can we convert our created .xaml shape files to .xml to load more cool shapes into it? Can it be rewritten for the menu to load .xaml files from the shapes folder? How do we get more .xml files to load to it for adding more design patterns like the Christmas tree he added?