How to Install Plugins ×

Print It (Tools Effect)

midora

Yes, I have Bullzip installed on both machines.

As to upgrading to 2019 LTSC, that is an "if", since upgrades of this type are handled by my IT department.

As to my other comment about version 0.8, is there anywhere here I can find it? I am curious to see if the older version would work on the Home Machine. If so, it would indicate to me that there is something within version 0.9 that is not liked by the Home Machine.

What other information do you need from me in order to get PrintIt working properly? I am currently using ThatOtherApp to print the current image in paint.net with MS Paint. However, this work-around will only work as long as MS Paint is an actual application rather than an Universal Windows App (which Microsoft keeps threatening to change). Also it seems a little strange to use a second image manipulation program to print out something from the first image manipulation program.

• 3 months later...

I followed the instructions to install the 4 files, but when i try to use the plugin paint.net just freezes and i have to use task manager to kill it. i know i screwed up the install. I just dont now what to do ? please help

2 minutes ago, Patrick W said:

I followed the instructions to install the 4 files, but when i try to use the plugin paint.net just freezes and i have to use task manager to kill it. i know i screwed up the install. I just don't now what to do ? please help

Sounds like the plugin is just broken. Many people have reported the same issue. There's nothing you can do about that.

I suggest using a different program for printing images.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Nope. It's not broken. I have it running in v4.2.5

image.png

Here are the installation instructions again. Check your paint.net installation folder for the two OptionBased files and your \effects folder for the *.dll and *dlc files.

Installation

- Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\Effects\ !!!)
- Copy the two files PrintIt.Effect.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\Effects\ folder
- Do not remove older versions of the OptionBasedLibrary if they are required from other plugins.

After a restart of Paint.NET you will find the plugin at Menu->Effects->Tools->Print It

• 3 weeks later...

You did not pass the security check. Please try again ??? 5 times - that's enough ...

"Sounds like the plugin is just broken." < correct   "Many people have reported the same issue." < correct

"Nope. It's not broken." < incorrect   "I have it running in v4.2.5" - probably so - but the plugin is still broken - installed correctly on 13 of many computers - wXP/7/8/10 -  which pdn works fine - with many other plugins installed - and only print it hangs/locks up - on ALL of them.

I have been messing with print it since 2014 - requests for older versions/option based libraries were requested from others but got no response.

Anyway, on one dell laptop - pdn had been installed since day 1 - multiple printers - multiple pdf printers - print it initially reacts very slow (1 to 2 min) to input or change selection - and  after awhile it just locks up - like other users have commented.  I keep on top of driver updates - and had installed 3 video driver updates (2016, 2017 and 2018) - and print it still hung-up.  But, the latest video driver (in August 2019) was installed and - amazingly - print it now works fine. Other computers had updates (not the same), but this is the only one that works with print it.

Intel-HD-Graphics-530-Driver_04WHN_WIN_26.20.100.6859_A15 from Dell on a inspiron-15-5559. Integrated Intel HD Graphics 520. It was a "security" update - so I don't know what was updated - but if you need any other info ... just ask -  I'd be happy to get the rest of my computers working, too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 7:51 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I've rehosted the PrintIt dll.

The link in the first post should now take you to my Dropbox where the file can be downloaded.

Unfortunately the Dropbox link does not work.

EDIT:

I've found a saved copy of v.0.9.

If it's OK I can upload the zip here to be posted on the first post.

Edited by Djisves
found a copy

Xkds4Lh.png

1 hour ago, Djisves said:

It looks like it's OK to just upload here and wait for a moderator to take care of things, so here it is.

Thanks a lot @Djisves

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 months later...

Hi, it's my first post in the forum. Paint.net has been very good so far, much better than I expected. I do have Adobe Illustrator but wanted to give this a go, and have been able to produce some high quality work with it. One let down has been the "print" function, and lack of any comprehensive dialog/setting. Which led me to this plugin...well, I've had the same problem as many others have already mentioned here - running things in Windows 7, latest version of Paint.net, all plugin files are installed to the correct folders, no issues with printer, or any of the other plugins installed, it's just this plugin that causes Paint.net to hang/crash. Happens every time I've attempted to use it, with a variety of images, small or big. It's a great shame as this looks like a very useful tool indeed. I've designed some 1/400 scale buildings to print as card kits, so getting the actual Print Size is crucially important. It would be great if something else could be developed, to enhance this very basic and fundamental feature. 

On 4/7/2020 at 1:30 AM, Djisves said:

Unfortunately the Dropbox link does not work.

EDIT:

I've found a saved copy of v.0.9.

This sounds very hopeful! However, I cannot see the link here? 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:30 PM, Djisves said:

4 hours ago, barison82 said:

However, I cannot see the link here? 

My post was edited by forum moderator @Pixey.

She posted the link on the first post of this topic so it's easier for everyone to find.

Look for the link at the end of the first post.

• Like 1

Xkds4Lh.png

• 7 months later...

Hi  @ed555 'this error' is not a quite good hint. Or do you expect that people should watch in a foreign language to get an idea.

At the end you are describing that the OptionBasedLibrary files have to be placed in the paint.net folder and not the Effects folder. The documentation explains this.

midoras signature.gif

• 1 month later...

You may try this one Edit by Rick: Removed download link because this version of the plugin and OBL are blatantly violating the plugin development rules, specifically around using reflection to reach into Paint.NET's internals. OBL and PrintIt are still under rework. This is not a new release and PrintIt is still sluggish on Win10.

midoras signature.gif

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody!

Is there anyone having problem with the plugin in Windows 11?

The plugin does not apears in the Effects menu.

The files were correctly saved in the respective directories.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, helmer.velloso said:

Hi everybody!

Is there anyone having problem with the plugin in Windows 11?

The plugin does not apears in the Effects menu.

The files were correctly saved in the respective directories.

Thanks.

The plugin stopped working due to some breaking changes in .NET 6. @midora will need to release an update.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hello @midora This Plugin seems to be a very popular one, but just had a report it's not working in the latest version of PdN.  Hopefully it can be updated by you sometime, many thanks 🥰.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

36 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

See the comment directly above yours

Golly, that was quite a while ago, so I'd assumed it would have been fixed by now 😁 - hopefully it will be shortly 🤞

30b8T8B.gif

My local version is working (no wonder, me and others need it) but for specific reasons I can not publish it in the moment. I will have a look after .net 7 has been released.

• Like 1
  • Hooray 1

midoras signature.gif

Im hoping to have a public alpha of PDN 5.0 in November, which will be based on .NET 7, so that might be a good opportunity to publish a preview version of the new Print It in the Plug-in Developers Section

• Thanks 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg