Martin Osieka

Print It (Tools Effect)

Yes, I have Bullzip installed on both machines.

As to upgrading to 2019 LTSC, that is an "if", since upgrades of this type are handled by my IT department.

As to my other comment about version 0.8, is there anywhere here I can find it? I am curious to see if the older version would work on the Home Machine. If so, it would indicate to me that there is something within version 0.9 that is not liked by the Home Machine.

What other information do you need from me in order to get PrintIt working properly? I am currently using ThatOtherApp to print the current image in paint.net with MS Paint. However, this work-around will only work as long as MS Paint is an actual application rather than an Universal Windows App (which Microsoft keeps threatening to change). Also it seems a little strange to use a second image manipulation program to print out something from the first image manipulation program.

I followed the instructions to install the 4 files, but when i try to use the plugin paint.net just freezes and i have to use task manager to kill it. i know i screwed up the install. I just dont now what to do ? please help

2 minutes ago, Patrick W said:

I followed the instructions to install the 4 files, but when i try to use the plugin paint.net just freezes and i have to use task manager to kill it. i know i screwed up the install. I just don't now what to do ? please help

Sounds like the plugin is just broken. Many people have reported the same issue. There's nothing you can do about that.

I suggest using a different program for printing images.

Nope. It's not broken. I have it running in v4.2.5

image.png

Here are the installation instructions again. Check your paint.net installation folder for the two OptionBased files and your \effects folder for the *.dll and *dlc files.

Installation

- Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\Effects\ !!!)
- Copy the two files PrintIt.Effect.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\Effects\ folder
- Do not remove older versions of the OptionBasedLibrary if they are required from other plugins.

After a restart of Paint.NET you will find the plugin at Menu->Effects->Tools->Print It

You did not pass the security check. Please try again ??? 5 times - that's enough ...

"Sounds like the plugin is just broken." < correct   "Many people have reported the same issue." < correct

"Nope. It's not broken." < incorrect   "I have it running in v4.2.5" - probably so - but the plugin is still broken - installed correctly on 13 of many computers - wXP/7/8/10 -  which pdn works fine - with many other plugins installed - and only print it hangs/locks up - on ALL of them.

I have been messing with print it since 2014 - requests for older versions/option based libraries were requested from others but got no response.

Anyway, on one dell laptop - pdn had been installed since day 1 - multiple printers - multiple pdf printers - print it initially reacts very slow (1 to 2 min) to input or change selection - and  after awhile it just locks up - like other users have commented.  I keep on top of driver updates - and had installed 3 video driver updates (2016, 2017 and 2018) - and print it still hung-up.  But, the latest video driver (in August 2019) was installed and - amazingly - print it now works fine. Other computers had updates (not the same), but this is the only one that works with print it.

Intel-HD-Graphics-530-Driver_04WHN_WIN_26.20.100.6859_A15 from Dell on a inspiron-15-5559. Integrated Intel HD Graphics 520. It was a "security" update - so I don't know what was updated - but if you need any other info ... just ask -  I'd be happy to get the rest of my computers working, too.