How to Install Plugins ×

Object Bevel update 1/4/2016 (previously Bevel Object)

If you ever decide to release your unpublished version, and if what is does is compatible with the fast edge-finding algorithm,  I'd be happy to help you convert it. The process is fairly easy.

(Or even if you don't want to publish it, and just want a faster version for yourself.)

Oh, please do try @MJW!  I think @Red ochre's suggestions would be a wonderful addition to the plugin.

I use the modified Edgeshader a lot...and I mean a lot!  It is one of my most useful plugins.  😸

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

The effect measures across the object at the angle produced by the 'Position of light source' control.
If the 'Overall depth' is greater than the object width you will get that effect... it is correct but probably not exactly what you want.☹️

I would suggest lowering the Overall depth first and possibly running a small blur on the object afterwards.
Both my Overblur and @toe_head2001's Gaussian Blur clamped have the ability to apply a blur to an object only (to avoid blurring the object edges).

Hope that helps.

You may also find MJW's Edge shader useful for pipes too?

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

33 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

The effect measures across the object at the angle produced by the 'Position of light source' control.
If the 'Overall depth' is greater than the object width you will get that effect... it is correct but probably not exactly what you want.☹️

I would suggest lowering the Overall depth first and possibly running a small blur on the object afterwards.
Both my Overblur and @toe_head2001's Gaussian Blur clamped have the ability to apply a blur to an object only (to avoid blurring the object edges).

Hope that helps.

You may also find MJW's Edge shader useful for pipes too?

I see, I will have a play around later when I get the chance and see what I can get. I discovered the edge shader plugin while researching this issue but I haven't tried it out yet. Thank you for the help :)