Sign in to follow this  
chrisco97

Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

TheHowler:3

Rookking: 1

I love the colors of TheHowler's Sig, and it looks more PDN than Rookking's. Plus, I'm with Minners, I'm not a huge Render Sig fan, unless it's really really awesome one of a character I like. I'm also not at all into Anime or anything, no offense or anything, it didn't really affect how I viewed Rookkind's sig, but hey, these are all based on opinion anyway right? Keep up the good work y'all :)

I'll enter my Sam Fisher Sig, I'm not very satisfied with it, and I'm mainly submitting for y'all's feedback. I need advice on how to make a cool background :\

Signature:

samfishersig.png

Ooh tough one...

I quite like Schnicka's sig, but it doesn't look like he did a lot to it, so I think I'll give it to Minners purely because it looks hard to do, I can never to frames like that.

Schnicka: 0

Minners: 1

And Schnicka, my favourite method is to copy and paste my render all over til it fill the background, then mess with effects til I like it. Smudge with low strenght and abit of jitter works quite well. :mrgreen:

I sorta did that, I copied my render 3 times, one on the right, middle, and left, and smudged it. I also jittered the render as well 3 times, and one thing I do a lot (which may not be a good thing) is to get a pretty high-size paintbrush and just do a big, random line, then run radial blur deluxe on the max amount and the minimum steps, that makes a nice texture that you can lower the opacity a bit and have a nice, subtle addition to your background

Schnicka: 0

Minners: 2

Minners, I like that you made it completely in PDN, i find it very hard to make things in PDN without any outside help suchas; graphics, text etc.

Good work. :)

Edited by Riddley

Schnicka:0

Minners:3

Minners yours looks like more work went into it, and love the border. Schnicka it looks like not enough was done to it.

Minners wins!

Take someone on with this:

dustblownshootersig.jpg

Render

Edited by NinjaManDan21

Howler you can't change the sig you entered. Earlier you entered your chaos sig and now it's your Dues Ex one. When you enter something stick with it.

I did take that rule into account, but as no-one had voted, so it doesn'treally matter. Besides I was gonna use my deus ex sig anyway, but it got messed up by tinypic and I had to fix it, ;)

Still waiting for you to post your render NMD as requested by Schnicka, then I can vote.

Edited by minners71

Another tough one :(

Thanks for posting the renders guys, were they both pre cut for you ?

I will take it as yes. Feel that NMDs placement and size of render was good but it was blurred way too much, infact I doubt anyone outside of the gaming community would realise it was the nanosuit from crysis.

The howlers render also includes a lot of background with it, meaning that the right hand side is quite simple, the image/render posted over a gradient maybe. Also the focus of the render is too small or the sig is too big whatever way you look at it.

Backgrounds both look simple but feel that NMD probably was more inspired and as stated above the right hand side of Howlers sig is the render.

Colouring/Lighting is good in both and work well so even there.

I suppose I will have to give it to NMD but soo close.

Ninjamandan 1

TheHowler 0

I guess I'll vote to keep this moving along. To be brutally honest, I'm not a huge fan of either one.

TheHowler's, in my opinion, is too much non-pdn to win a sig battle on the paint.net forums. Plus, it's a tad bit pixelated, which takes away from the overall composition.

That being said, NMD's isn't very detailed, and the render is WAY too blurred, i couldn't even tell what it was when I first looked at it. However, I like the little green laser-thing, so I guess that's the only reason I'm voting for NMD's, except just to move this thing along.

NinjaManDan: 2

TheHowler: 0

I agree 100% with every Schnicka said above.

NMD: 3

TheHowler: 0

#NinjaManDan wins!

--

I enter this for the sake of keeping the comp running

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Sfifer - nice sig, clean and crisp and good flow

TheHowler - Your best yet but still you have empty areas the same could be said for sfifers as well but the empty white areas on his seem to flow with the sig.

Sfifer wins.

Sfifer - 1

TheHowler - 0

Edited by minners71

Sfifer - 2

TheHowler - 0

-I.Think.We'd.Have.a lot.More.Sig.Comps.If.It.Was.Less.About.Explaining.What.You.Think.And.More.About.Beating.The.Other.Guy...

Sfifer - 3

TheHowler - 0

I like Howler's a lot, but like some have said it's a little bit empty on the right, and the checkerboard of glowing lines beside the wolf is somewhat distracting, although it looks cool, I'm not sure what to think about it.

@K_I_N_G

Okay A: Talking.Like.This. Gets very annoying, and I'm pretty sure there is a rule against talking in weird ways, i.e l33t sp33k or Using.Periods.After.Every.Single.Word.

B: The whole point of competitions is for people to say who's they like better and WHY, so what you said was going against the whole point of the competitions.

Lecture Complete :P

Sign in to follow this