Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

TheHowler - From the stocks you have posted it looks like you have just used the rectangle select and cropped the image then placed a line of text. So I can't personally award you a point for that. :(

Shadow97 - Quite simple but I like simple, you have used a few plugins and it all looks PDN so I award you my point.

TheHowler - 0

Shadow97 - 1

Actually it looks like he added some dented fog and a wee bit of highlight to the base crop, plus the text effect.

Could use more border or offset work though as it doesn't "float" well.

And again I'm left having to guess on the text as its too blended into the figure. Even though I'm sure there was considerable time taken to consider that placement, it just looks like it was randomly thrown in there.

So I'll go with the 100% PDN sig from Shadow this time. Simple wins in this instance. It could use some work to refine the feel for sure, but simple.

TH: 0

S97: 2

Now, for all you folks just viewing, stop and vote already ... please.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Same as delpart here.

Howler your sig still needs something more, it's too un-worked-on if that makes sense.

Shadow97 your sig is 100% pdn so that gets my vote

S97: 3

Shadow97 wins!

Enter with:

DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif

Sig Battle Wins: 5
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

Same as delpart here.

Howler your sig still needs something more, it's too un-worked-on if that makes sense.

Shadow97 your sig is 100% pdn so that gets my vote

S97: 3

Shadow97 wins!

Enter with:

Thanks!

I'm gonna vote for NinjaManDan21 on this one (sorry howler) as I really like the animation.

NMD:1

TH:0

Sig.jpg

sigbattleswon.png1.png

both sigs arent very good meh but howler's one was better. not gonna comment on ninjaman's sig but imma cc a bit on howler's.

first thing is you darkened the focal (which is obviously, the render, which is naruto) and brightened the bg. this makes people distracted from the focal and look at the bg instead, which isnt good

well secondly, it looks like u didnt plan how you smudged the naruto. it just looks like you smudged in random directions. that doesnt make the sig look good and makes it look messy. next time smudge with flow or sth. ( for example, follow the direction of the render. look at naruto, he is facing the left side. it would be nice if you could smudge to the right side, following the flow)

thirdly, there's a piece of black there on the lower left corner which looks outta place and random lool

howler:1

ninjaman: 1

deviantART

sigs n stuff

;O eh dont call me a legend xd not fit to be one yet lol

well the reason i dun have my sig and avi up is because well i used to have one, but then when the whole forum like changed itself, everyone lost all their sigs and avatars and i couldnt be bothered to upload another set of them again xd

and sorry i didnt cm on your sig. it's because idk how to comment on sigs like those no offence it's just that i do render sigs not those kinda sigs

deviantART

sigs n stuff

NMD: 2

Howler: 1

I like em both, but it looks like NMD's took for-stinkin-ever, and it's quite good for using Paint.net to do .gifs, which can take a really long time and can be very difficult, so that's my main reason.

Howler, yours is pretty good, but the person is a little too dark compared to what's around him. If all that light is near him, he should have a brighter face, as they seem to be light sources. But other than that, great job! :)

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

Haha thanks Schnicka, yes it did take quite a while to make but that is certainly not the longest one I've made.

Btw good to see you on the forum again, I missed seeing you're stuff and having your input.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

I have to give my vote to NinjaManDan21.

The .gif is amazing, and it looks like it took a while to create.

NMD wins.

Entry:

AGJMlinesig3.jpg

Edited because I thought 200 was 50 over height limit. Re-posted with original size after I re-read the original post.

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Shadow - I like yours but it is a bit too blurry, not sure if this was done to hide jaggies. If so if you made the image 2 or 4 times bigger to start then gaussian blurred at 2px before resizing to 25% or 50% it would look a lot sharper.

AGJM - Not normally a fan of boxey sigs but I like yours clean and simple although a few jaggies on the font.

AGJM - 2

Shadow - 0

AGJM: 3 --- WIN

SHAD: 2

AGJM's may be a tutorial combo (of sorts) but nobody is creating anything around here from thin air. The fact its more than the old Pyrosig tutorial should have been given more merit. Still, clean lines, easily recognized initials/name. Vote goes to that one.

@Shadow: Feedback: Good idea pushing the fading perspective. Color choice is just too trite for your concept. You've already pointed out the glow is missing which killed the letters' definition and their outline aspect. Also, the shadow is a good idea but you've cropped it such that it just makes the whole thing look like a cropped afterthought. If the feel is to create the image as a whole, make sure you are careful when working out the final crop or resize to allow for the other effects. In this case the shadowing which is adding depth. You may also wish to make that layer a wee bit darker and a little less washed out to gain a stronger contrast. That's one layer that requires much less redo time, so play with it some. As for color, I think its just that I'm not much of a fan of the rainbow club. Smaller gradient sweeps or one done from an angle etc may benefit your design idea. But that's all a matter of your taste and what you're aiming for.

Gallery at PDN-Fans