font / text is blurred

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, Rick Brewster said:

You can also see if this toolbar setting does anything for your needs

I'm also trying to improve visual text quality in a little different task. Its a scanned document which I attempt to clean with G'MIC plugin. I like Paint.net a lot, but wanted to ask you as its developer: why I can't do anything in Paint.net, while the plugin is open? Its Preview feature quality is not accurate, so I need to see changes in actual document and reverse if needed multiple times. But I can't do it without Exiting the plugin first, and it takes a lot of time to launch and exit it at each iteration. Is it possible to adjust Paint.net plugin API in a way that would allow to work in it without exiting an open plugin, like its done in GIMP?

Another strange thing, when Saving As TIFF the edited 24-bit color document image, for some reason its Auto Detected and saved to 8-bit color unless changed manually, thus dropping some color font pixels making it harder to further improve text quality. Why this happens, and is it possible to fix auto detection?

Edited by sambul81

3 hours ago, sambul81 said:

. Is it possible to adjust Paint.net plugin API in a way that would allow to work in it without exiting an open plugin,

No. That is not possible.

Question: have you tried any non-G'MIC methods of improving your text? There was a recent discussion here

4 hours ago, sambul81 said:

Its Preview feature quality is not accurate, so I need to see changes in actual document and reverse if needed multiple times. But I can't do it without Exiting the plugin first, and it takes a lot of time to launch and exit it at each iteration.

For the G'MIC plugin you can use the Apply button to preview the results on the Paint.NET canvas.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

On 12/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, null54 said:

For the G'MIC plugin you can use the Apply button to preview the results on the Paint.NET canvas.

But can't easily Undo changes applied. 

On 12/25/2019 at 1:50 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Have you tried any non-G'MIC methods of improving your text? There was a recent discussion here

Tried and was suggested various good ways. However, at the next step - converting the scan to B&W for smaller file size, part of the text outline color pixels disappear thus making text outline defective and harder to read. I'm looking for a method that would convert all various color pixels in the text outline into a narrow spectrum color around Black, so it would be easy to convert the scan into B/W without notable text quality losses.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, Rick Brewster said:

You can also see if this toolbar setting does anything for your needs:

image.png

Rick, this is a bit of an aside topic from the OP question, but for the drop down list of font size, would it be possible to replace the drop down list with slider?  The slider can start at default font size of 10 and then user can adjust the size with the slider.

5 minutes ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

would it be possible to replace the drop down list with slider?  The slider can start at default font size of 10 and then user can adjust the size with the slider.

@TrevorOutlaw, the slider would more difficult to work with because it would have to be a float slider (since you can enter decimals into that drop-down box) and it would be difficult to get right on the integer values with only a slider to adjust the size.

• 10 months later...

late response (only an year xd) but I think toggling antialiasing to disabled did the job for me!

https://gyazo.com/846261ac10e663e4126ff36a33ef21ce

top is on, bottom is off

https://gyazo.com/b1443a22c840f73303f9b40dc8978b93

also have to keep in mind, smaller size images will have blurry image for antialiasing on