simmetric

Spaced text (variable letter and line spacing)

Thank you, for your help Pixey and AndrewDavid (I'm another Vancouverite, btw) and thank you SimMetric  for a great plug-in which allowed me to change the spacing in this logo that I was playing with today: aNiceLookingLogo

@simmetric Thanks for the update.

The Spaced text works great inside a rectangular selection but sometimes I would like to be able to type and fit text in the middle of a round  selection or circle. Would it be possible to add that feature to the effect?

Spoiler

spaced-middletext-52d9cd8.png

On 8/13/2017 at 1:54 AM, Eli said:

@simmetric Thanks for the update.

The Spaced text works great inside a rectangular selection but sometimes I would like to be able to type and fit text in the middle of a round  selection or circle. Would it be possible to add that feature to the effect?

Reveal hidden contents

spaced-middletext-52d9cd8.png

That's an interesting idea. Paint.NET only gives the bounding rectangle of the selection area but it's possible to find the actual selection by approximation. I've examined a few plugins, none of them seem to try and find the actual selection but there's a way to do it.

I'm going to look into this and will let you know if it produces something workable.

• Like 1

So, it's been a while since @Eli's request. Soon after I started looking into it, I had a working solution. Unfortunately this introduced a couple of bugs that were hard to solve, and I had almost no time to work on the plugin.

Eventually I decided to rewrite the entire plugin, cleaning up the code and probably producing faster results.

As of now the opening post has  been updated with the latest version 3.0 which adds support for any non-rectangular selection. Note that the plugin assumes that the selection is one whole and is convex (meaning there can be no holes inside the selection).

@Eli please let me know how this version works for you.

For the next version I will probably add an option to define the margins.

SpacedTextCircle.png.a6aa70d3cd97ccb8781c638b9c5d9482.png

Edited by simmetric
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3