How to Install Plugins ×

Color Mixer v1.2 (2008-12-24)

Tanel

This plugin is designed for fine color adjustments. It appears under Adjustments menu.

Download as part of my plugin pack.

Menu location: Adjustments.

colormixer_ss.png

Updated to version 1.2 (2008-12-24)!

Changes: few code optimizations.

Updated to version 1.1 (2008-08-31)!

- Compatibility fix for paint.net 3.36

You can adjust saturation, brightness, contrast and hue for each color (hue) range separately or all together.

Amount of adjustment between the ranges is changed gradually, so there is no sharp cut-off, for example between red and yellow.

Due to high precision calculations in the code, this plugin renders saturation and hue better than PdN's original Hue/Saturation effect. (the issue has been discussed here)

Example:

this pic asks for some saturation, but regular saturation adjustment is likely to make sky over-saturated. That's where Color Mixer comes handy.

colormixer_sample1.jpg

Settings used:

Saturation: base 134, cyan 83, blue 74

Brightness: cyan -13, blue -13

Contrast: yellow -13, green -28

I may want to improve the UI soon, so far all your requests are welcome.

I have thought about placing all the hue nubs into a single continuous hue-gradient bar.

Save/Load settings option is also on my wishlist (wish I knew how to do it :wink: ).

Edited by toe_head2001
Fixed broken Postimg images
  • Upvote 1

This seems like a good plugin, and i'm sure this could have a lot of uses. Good job!

Downloading and installing now. Thanks!

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Looks like Levels+. Or maybe Levels². :-) I like it!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Cool plugin, Thanks!

EliteOverride25.png

:) Visit-> My Website <-Visit :)

Please Call Me Elite Override

The trick to flying is throwing yourself at the floor and missing.

OMG. So many wonderful controls to play with. You are going to give me sleepless nights.

Great plug in. Thanks allot.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Thanks for support guys! :)

Just note that it still needs few improvements.

Beware that in *some* circumstances, especially when used on noisy photos, the brightness and contrast adjustments *may* bring up some nasty grain patterns at otherwise smooth looking areas (for example clouds). It's not a bug but I try to find some workaround later.

Saturation and hue controls are still ok to use (those were the main purpose of this plugin anyway).

Hi Tanel,

Thanks for a most useful plugin.

What overlapping effect, if any, is there between this plugin and the shadow/highlight plugin?

Regards,

David Tay

This is a great plugin! Very much like one I use to use in GIMP... only better! Would it be possible to increase the control range from 0-200 to 0-255?

What overlapping effect, if any, is there between this plugin and the shadow/highlight plugin?

Well, none really. They are completely different purpose tools (color manipulation vs brightness defects recovery).
This is a great plugin! Very much like one I use to use in GIMP... only better!
I would like to study that gimp plugin. Can you point me some details?
Would it be possible to increase the control range from 0-200 to 0-255?
Which control? Saturation range is 0-200 same as PdN original. Does anybody really need more?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I can't live without this great plugin :D

If there is anything in Paint.NET you can't live without, you shouldn't be using a pre-release version of it...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

If there is anything in Paint.NET you can't live without, you shouldn't be using a pre-release version of it...
Lol, that is completely true, and that is why I am holding off with it for now, I don't want to lose any of my favorite plugins, including yours pyro ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Gamer_World14, make a copy of your effects folder and save it in a safe place, I ve saved it in 3 different locations in addition to my PC.

pyrochild, well actually not just this plugin but a lot more are not recognized by the 3.5 v( they dont show up in the menu lists), I tried the version for about one week it is very unstable with plugins some of plugins don't work properly, each time the message appears to close up the plugins, but the program itself works good, so I rolled back to the 3.36, may be as I said it is just my issue, hope so, :wink:

Aethec, good for you lucky you are.

Gamer_World14, make a copy of your effects folder and save it in a safe place, I ve saved it in 3 different locations in addition to my PC.
Sorry, I should have explained that a bit better, I knew how to save the effects, what I meant was that I didn't want any plugins to lose functionality for the newest version of PDN that were working in 3.36 to stop working in 3.5 Especially plugins with the developers that left.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)