How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Third Dimension v1.7.13+ (Aug 30th, 2015 )

Nai - BTW, just a suggestion, can you offer 'copied from clipboard' option for both height and textures ? 

I thought that would get confusing since only 1 clipboard is available for 2 elements, also clipboards and transparency don't work too well.

Nice graphic Red!!!

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

For the plugin developers, programmers or the generally curious who have wondered how this plugin works ,

I've posted a link to the VS Source Code in Post #1 of this thread. 

Need Height Maps???

try Google https://www.google.com/search?q=height+maps&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MnFTVK3QE4OjyASpmoL4Aw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

This website has New Zealand Height Maps 

• Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Version 1.4.5.+ Ready for Download

Red Ochre made some suggestions and observations to improve the plugin and they are incorporated in this version.

1. Transparency of the texture now incorpotaed with the transparency of the Height Map 

2.Lo-Rez Preview now scales with the size of the height map for even faster previews.

(As I've stated before the best Height maps are 1600X1200 pixels or larger, if you have an 800X600 Height map resize it for smother images)

3. Sun position was not rendering when mouse was moved beyond border of the control -(fixed)

4. Solid Polygon Threshold increased (fixes potential of holes in image)

source code for programmers was also updated

• Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Thanks TR but I never had a problem with the speed of the preview, it gave me a minute to eat another cookie,lol. These updates are coming so quick and frequently that I hardly get a chance to try it at each stage. Sometimes these updates scare me and I wait a while to do it because in some of your earlier plugins the updates changed the behaviour of the original enough to be different, the same but different. For instance, your EFX used to be much smoother on the edges than it is now, in your first couple of releases. Distort This is another one that changed after the first few releases enough so that some of the things I was doing with it also changed.  Some plugins let me save the old one and add the new one so that in pdn I have a choice of either. Yours overwrites both and I end up with two of the same thing, no idea why it does that. 

Love your plugins anyway and not putting any of them down, just pointing out a few things. The old song " Slow down you're moving too fast" comes to mind.  ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Sorry about that skully,If you rename the DLL , you'll have multiple versions. I often get request and suggestions so I try and I try not to keep them waiting. Prior to this weekend I had no plans on an update. I have been working on the lighting for more realism but that's still in the works, hopefully by next week.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

You did it again, heh,heh,heh.   :D    I'm posting the picture anyway that I made before this newest update,lol.  I was going to tell you that it was working great.  One of these days I'll be able to keep up,lol.   :D

th_309-d_zpsf32338f3.png

p.s. ( I used a little of Red's Psychocolor on it)

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 2

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Nice skully,very nice. A desolate planet ravaged by warfare, or a nice vacation spot for the lizard people.

You'll be happy to know I'm out of ideas, the new Shading system completes the plugin.

One thing of note - Red's suggestion to incorporate the texture's alpha allows you to create 3D forms that aren't on a plane. Like flying saucers or a house overlay-ed on a real image. POST EDIT: here's an example

The Day the Earth Pooped in It's Pants

(or Invaders from the Clown Universe)

EarthPoop.png?raw=1

How do so many clowns fit in one little saucer?

Created using the texture's transparency to create a solid object(s). 

• Upvote 2

TRsSig.png?raw=1