How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Third Dimension v1.7.13+ (Aug 30th, 2015 )

First of all TR, thank you for your help!

I've installed the new version (1.7.12 27203) and the Third Dimension window still freezes but I noticed it's when I use the "squash and stretch" slider, moving it to the right arbitrarily.

The height map image I'm using for these tests is 244x359 (a random photograph, on a new layer) on a 800x600 black cansas, in case that's important.

FAKE EDIT: I just tried another slider, vertical position, and moved it to the left for kicks. It's freezing again (even using lo-rez).

FAKE EDIT #2: I played around some more and it's definitely when I move the sliders that it freezes. I haven't had any PDN crashes since my first tries.

Here's a very basic results when everything works great. I didn't apply any other effects:

BqOHEYk.jpg

What do you mean "freezes"?  Does the progress bar stop advancing?

The height map image I'm using for these tests is 244x359 (a random photograph, on a new layer) 

are you using the Get Map Button? The layer image has no effect other than being used as a background.

I've installed the new version (1.7.12 27203) and the Third Dimension window still freezes but I noticed it's when I use the "squash and stretch" slider, moving it to the right arbitrarily

Try adjusting how far. it may have distorted it so it lies outside of the viewport.

If you have an image you can post so I can test, that would be helpful. 

Or a screen Cap

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Yeah, I'm using the Get Map Button. New layer, same layer, it doesn't make any difference.

When I mean it freezes, I mean nothing happens (no green progress bar on top) and I can't even cancel. I've waited several minutes and nothing. The only way is to go through the task manager and end PDN.

As I said, I discovered that every time I have a problem it's when I use the sliders and move them a lot (like 100s each way or something). If I enter values directly or use the up/down arrows, there's no problem.

Ok it's fixed - TrackBar controls have no EndScroll event so as you were sliding them back and forth all the micro adjustments were queuing up to Render. The "freezing" was hundreds of renders needing to finish.

V 1.7.13+ Ready for Download -  Fixes Render Queue Backlog

TRsSig.png?raw=1

So I'm happy to report that I'm happy that this works perfectly! (Although I still need to figure out the controls better instead of fooling around with every adjustment blindly.)

Here's a little something I concocted without knowing what I was doing. After using the third dimension plug-in (and not counting the background gradient, penguin, and text) I played with levels and then Monochrome Ink on Paper. I realize it looked like a neat Arctic image.

Thanks again for this plug-in, TR ;)

ihNClh3.jpg

• Upvote 3

Many thanks for updating this excellent plugin TR!

(I had also been having occasional crashes but forgot to report it, sorry!)

Here are two images using it - I'm quite proud of the reflections in the mountain one... I used the inverted height option.

http://i.imgur.com/rH7xLRc.png http://i.imgur.com/TQ2b3ip.png

• Upvote 4

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Many thanks for updating this excellent plugin TR!

(I had also been having occasional crashes but forgot to report it, sorry!)

Here are two images using it - I'm quite proud of the reflections in the mountain one... I used the inverted height option.

Hopefully all the crashes have gone away.

Nice images - Impressive stuff!!!

PostEdit: that spiral on water is poetry

TRsSig.png?raw=1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...