How to Install Plugins ×

Red ochre plug-in pack V9 (updated 30th July 2014)

Red ochre

Red ochre plug-in pack

Please use the v10 plugin pack. It has updated (better) versions of these plugins, an installer for Pdn4 or a zipped pack for Pdn3.5.11 and those who prefer 'manually' installing.

Here:

Red ochre plugin pack v10

There are links to effects not yet in the pack at the bottom of this post.

NOTE: These should all work for both Pdn 3.5.11 AND Pdn 4.0.3+

I have included sample images and keywords to use with the 'Plugin Browser' here:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/29308-the-plugin-browser/

ALSO: I have improved some of them and changed the .dll name of some.

You may want to delete these old .dlls if not automatically overwritten.

Spoiler

contour.dll

Gradientsgalore.dll

highlightv2.dll

noisechoice.dll

overblur.dll

recolourchoice.dll

selection2clear.dll

squirkle.dll

squirklewarp.dll

These are the plugins:

Alpha-threshold -

Useful for smoothly adjusting transparency gradients.

under: Effects/Transparency .dll name = AlphaThreshold

Wa16Dzv.png

Bevel Object

Lighting effects for objects

under:Effects/Object    .dll name = BevelObject

6QwxUQ4.png

Bezncurve

Renders curves with 6 control points.

under:Effects/Render       .dll name = Bezncurve

OvLvQfs.png

Cobweb

Creates lines on an image related to the 'tone gradient' of the image... & stars!

under:Effects/Artistic        .dll name = Cobweb

wkIhPCt.png

Composition tool

Useful for cropping photos by rule of thirds or golden section

under: Effects/Photo .dll name = Compotool

r1blx1k.png

contour - examples hidden below

Splits an image into bands based on the tone value, with a variety of colouring options

under: Effects/Artistic .dll name = contour

Spoiler

salvadorsurrey.jpg

contourdemo.jpg

MArFepC.png

Dryad

Creates realistic trees, plants and fractal patterns.

under: Effects/Iterative lines   .dll name = Dryad

augfvGJ.png 

Earths and greys - examples hidden below

Simplifies an image based on tonal value and will colour it with a choice of palettes

under: Effects/Color .dll name = Earths&Greys

Spoiler

earthsgreysbeforeafter.jpg

i5uVfbE.png

FurBlur

Blurs/Trails random fibres onto an image to produce hair, fur and grass textures.

under:Effects/Blurs       .dll name = FurBlur

NYdOeUc.png

Gradients galore!

Wide choice of moveable gradients, with dithering and HSV options.

under: Effects/Render .dll name = Gradientsgalore

H2Lckz9.png

helix

Renders spiral and helix shapes and colourful gradients.

under:Effects/Iterative lines    .dll name = Helix

NFJ49zI.png

Highlight

Produces a range of adjustable twinkly things, water glints, flares and rainbows.

under: Effects/Render .dll name = highlightv2

zxy2Q3v.png

New Clipwarp

Wraps the clipboard image around an object based on its tone gradient.

Good for glass, metal and water.

under:Effects/Tools   .dll name = ClipWarpNew

esZk8nN.png

Noise choice

Allows you to blend noise with the image, on objects or on a transparent layer.

under: Effects/Noise .dll name = noisechoice

rKwmWyD.png

Object2colour

Allows you to blend a colour with the objects original colour and 'clean' the transparent areas.

under: Effects/Object .dll name = Object2colour

QmJpOPA.png

Object edges

Simply produces a range of outline/bevel effects on objects.

under: Effects/Object .dll name = Objectedge

6WL3Q2X.png

Overblur

Changes the value of the Gaussian blur applied. Useful for sharpening or producing halo effects and can be constrained to the object only.

under: Effects/Blurs .dll name = overblur

gbH6PU5.png

Psychocolour

One slider produces a range of psychedelic effects. Also useful for giving colour to black and white images.

under: Effects/Color .dll name = Psychocolour

DtgIBK6.png

Recolour choice

Different algorithms to isolate or change selected colours.

under: Effects/Color .dll name = recolourchoice

eI3Cta6.png

Selection2clear

Makes the current selection transparent without deselecting. Useful for erasing on different layers.

under: Effects/Transparency .dll name = selection2clear

DAcDDck.png

Scintillate

Inverts an images colours in a chequered pattern. Can produce Moire patterns.

under:Effects/Stylize       .dll name = Scintillate

YWLFgfQ.png

Scribble

Imitates various hand-drawn styles.

under:Effects/Artistic    .dll name = Scribble

Note! the version in the pack may cause problems with very high d.p.i. machines.

If so please try the version here:beta Scribble

HYUx3wx.png

slinky

Renders ellipses along a path.

under:Effects/Iterative lines   .dll name = Slinky

rHWCpkK.png

Squirkle

Produces a range of shapes from diamond, through circles, squirkles ellipses and rounded rectangles.

under: Effects/Render .dll name = squirkle

5JkZFCY.png

Squirklewarp

Powerful distortion tool useful for glass spheres, water ripples and recursive images.

under: Effects/Distort .dll name = squirklewarp

UzpVBGJ.png

StringAndPin and CalliColour

Colourful Patterns

under: Effects/Iterative lines

.dllname = StringAndPin

.dllname = CalliColour

EG7oo7z.pngkhZr65N.png

Tweak edges - examples hidden below

Detects abrupt changes in tone, producing outlines.

under: Effects/Artistic .dll name = Tweakedges

Spoiler

tweakdemo.jpg

Two Tone Threshold

Useful for creating black & white images.

under:Adjustments .dllname = TwoToneThreshold

qSFabuc.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT in the pack

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They either haven't been added to the pack yet or have been removed. They can be found here:

ArtyThing

CGMn7lB.png

Gossamer

GxsSZ6f.png

Facet

XoLVAn3.png

Gears

xF0He03.png

Cuboids

NfeZbVN.png

MultiSpline

IkyLG79.png

ClipDisplace

KFZpT12.png

Tweak transparency

Clipwarp (old version)

• Upvote 7

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Great job Red Ochre! I felt it was time you created a plugin pack!

I've edited your post to include links to these three plugins:

Tweak Transparency

Psychocolour

Highlight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please don't name your files with a version number. The older version will have to be deleted manually!

Yes - good idea.

I will leave the names the same as they were in the last pack version and have changed the updated 'squirkle' to have the same name as the original.

Apologies if this has caused anyone confusion. If anyone notices 2 versions of one of my plugins, then look in the effects folder and delete the oldest one.

I will stick with the names as they are now for future versions of the pack.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Looking forward to some serious squirkling! See if I can get some time on the weekend to play. Downloaded the pack. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Barbieq25 - Many thanks for saying thanks :) - and thanks for your great gallery too. I keep meaning to leave a comment, but there's never anything to criticize!

Talking of 'squirkling' - here's my attempt at using squirklewarp for a jewel:-

squirklejewelsmall.png

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Nicely done! I'm really liking a lot of these plugins. Now I don't have to switch over to photoshop to crop things to rule of thirds!

I used it in this image made with toxic's eye tutorial:

eye.png

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Barbieq25 - Many thanks for saying thanks :) - and thanks for your great gallery too. I keep meaning to leave a comment, but there's never anything to criticize!

Talking of 'squirkling' - here's my attempt at using squirklewarp for a jewel:-

squirklejewelsmall.png

Hey, what a great outcome! Love the colours in the gem & the surround that holds it esp the corners. The glow bit sets it off to perfection. Such an inspiration you are!

You can visit my gallery anytime. :lol: even if you leave a comment like "I was here" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I've updated the pack. Fixed the problem with 'Compotool', so it works full size when the aspect ratio is inverted to portrait mode. Also added 3 more grids.

I've also added some smoothing to 'squirklewarp' to make the edges a bit less 'jaggedy' - also added 2 more types of rings - which are smoother internally too.

Happy Christmas :D.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the update Red. Noisechoise is a nice idea but I do get a slight problem when I choose the Primary Colour only option. It renders streaks all down the image , as you can see below. This happens no matter which colour I choose, it`s not just a problem with the black.The other options work fine.

noiseprob.jpg

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Hello Goonfella,

No it shouldn't look like that! - thing is it works fine on mine ? (I'm using Vista with the window transparency turned of though).

- if you look at the code at the bottom of the noisechoice thread - it shows that the code for the primary color option is almost identical to that for the secondary color - which you say is working ok?

Unless I can replicate the problem, it will difficult to work out what is wrong.

from the screenshot you've shown it seems it is on a solid background layer - does anyone else get this problem?

Very strange - if anyone has any ideas please post them. :/

Sorry - at a loss there - but thanks for reporting back.

I am also intrigued because in your screenshot the plugin title is cut short - this doesn't happen with mine? - I wonder if your settings for text size could be a clue?

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hello Goonfella,

No it shouldn't look like that! - thing is it works fine on mine ? (I'm using Vista with the window transparency turned of though).

- if you look at the code at the bottom of the noisechoice thread - it shows that the code for the primary color option is almost identical to that for the secondary color - which you say is working ok?

Unless I can replicate the problem, it will difficult to work out what is wrong.

from the screenshot you've shown it seems it is on a solid background layer - does anyone else get this problem?

Very strange - if anyone has any ideas please post them. :/

Sorry - at a loss there - but thanks for reporting back.

I get it on 800x600 in fast testing just now towards the outer edges both left and right ... Slight, but still distinct enough to see "lines" ... Tried a couple of other sizes but it crashed me at 3000x ... My own fault from the dump on that it seems ... resource issue.

Have to pop out, but it does show up to some degree or another with that setting in my fast tests.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Thanks for the feedback Delpart - I'm still at a loss? I can't reproduce it ? - I'll carry on trying but why this should occur just on primary choice stumps me at the moment :/

Ah - just getting some when only small amounts of noise on primary (and on secondary if black selected).

Many thanks both of you for reporting this - I will try and work out whats wrong and fix it or discontinue if I can't.

In the meantime the reseed button should produce a useable distribution.

Well I've added another call to random number and it seems better - could you test this version and report back please - as (particularly Goonfella) you seem to be getting more noticeable problems. Cheers ;)

noisechoice.zip

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Delpart - I'm still at a loss? I can't reproduce it ? - I'll carry on trying but why this should occur just on primary choice stumps me at the moment :/

Ah - just getting some when only small amounts of noise on primary (and on secondary if black selected).

Many thanks both of you for reporting this - I will try and work out whats wrong and fix it or discontinue if I can't.

In the meantime the reseed button should produce a useable distribution.

Well I've added another call to random number and it seems better - could you test this version and report back please - as (particularly Goonfella) you seem to be getting more noticeable problems. Cheers ;)

noisechoice.zip

Less chance of occurrence with the new build. Even the other noise options can generate some lines. This is the nature of the chaos being used from how they function from what I can decipher from the code. Only way to avoid it is to use something else but it would be a huge overkill as you'd essentially be making fractals on some level.

I pushed and prodded and couldn't get the same regularity as shown by Goon. Plenty of lined up dots with the old one. Far too many occurrences. Seems resolved on my system. EDIT: (I'm more tired than I think. There is some odd stuff still showing up. See below for screen shot of it.) Of note, mine is a Vista platform. Pretty sure Goon is running Windows 7.

Some "lines" showing up ... minor in some ways, but this shows up to one degree or another. Arrows pointing roughly towards the lines not directly on them:

oops_stillsomeminor.png

Settings used. Mainly toned down to show dots in line clearly that I didn't trust my eyes about:

settingused.png

Side thought: Like with the other noise patterns available, the reseed option can be the solution to starring and other pattern problems that can/will occur on dense settings levels. Slamming the sliders though to make sure it's not there every time is the difference really. Though in some ways the tiling effect Goon got is rather neat.

Edited by delpart
  • Upvote 1

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Still the same when I use the default 800x600 canvas but if I use a larger one like 1920x1080 (the recommended resolution on the laptop) the problem almost disappears. It is still there but it`s hardly noticeable. The other options for using noise more than make up for this problem though. So I will still keep the plug in.

I don`t know if it will help but I am using Win7 Home Premium on a Dell XPS16 that has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4670 graphics card.

Oh and to see if it made any difference I changed the size of the text on the screen from medium to small but the text that you pointed out in the plug in is still the same - just smaller. I think I will leave it small though because now I can see all my Distort plug ins without having to scroll!

Edited by Goonfella
  • Upvote 1

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks for this testing Goonfella and Delpart - very much appreciated :star: :star:,

I will work on this - since it seems the fastest machine seems to have the worst problems I will experiment with trying to slow it down (not too much!) .

What results do you get by using 'primary to secondary' - with both colors set the same?

Thanks again.

PdnForumSig2.jpg