Oma's gallery

oma

:shock: It's so beautiful, Oma! I think you made the most perfect space picture. I really don't think anything else needs to be added. If you want to, though, you can have a part of a planet at the corner on the lower left side of the image (opposite of the main planet). It's just an idea. Also, How about adding a shooting star somewhere? Or something to do with "camera lens":

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2512161725_79419cab06.jpg

thanks Helen I really like that shooting star idea. now how in the world will I tackle that in my own style. :idea:

I'll work on that likely tomorrow. today after lunch I'm off to an art show. Thru the blizzard no less.

should come back with a million ideas :lol: so many pictures to make and not enough time. oh wooo is me. :lol::lol:

PS I have a larger version of that one on the previous page if you want a closer look

What if you do something like you did with your "pumpkin patch" one, but make the polar inversion smaller, obviously? Probably cutting out the "swirl" part and making that into the shooting star. Make that a purple-pink-light blue shooting star to go with the rest of your image. Then, duplicate the layer, add a glow, maybe a fragment blur and it will look just as magical. Just my idea.

Enjoy the art show and take in as many ideas as possible.

th_NOV3.png

Great abstract! I'd crop the left side of it a bit though - the color difference in the top left corner and the line, kind of makes the abstract look less clean. Nice use of Polar Inversion and Polar Transformation. :wink:

yes those lines came from the bevel frame. I'm going to pop this back into paint.net add a regular border then bevel that will take out the lines top left and bottom right.

and just for your info no Polar Transformation. just Polar Inversion and a few other effects. :wink:

What if you do something like you did with your "pumpkin patch" one, but make the polar inversion smaller, obviously? Probably cutting out the "swirl" part and making that into the shooting star. Make that a purple-pink-light blue shooting star to go with the rest of your image. Then, duplicate the layer, add a glow, maybe a fragment blur and it will look just as magical. Just my idea.

Enjoy the art show and take in as many ideas as possible.

unfortunately I didn't make it to the art show after all. Drove three blocks from home and saw 3 major accidents. First turn off I turned around and scooted back home. :lol:

I added a shooting star and another planet and some lens flares just for you. :wink: (page 16)

by the way did you make that planet in the link? or surf the net for it. I love the written sentiment.

ciao

OMA

No, I found the planet off the web, but I also like the words.

Anyway, your space image---I'm just speechless. :shock: :o :shock: :o It's so beautiful and soft and...just so magnificent. I'm glad you took my advice and added the comet and the planet and the lens flare. It looks like I'm inside that image. Great and awesome job, Oma. I LOVE it, it's so spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I haven't posted much or commented or replied to any posts lately. Been a bit under the weather. I did manage to do a pencil sketch while I was laid up in bed. Always amazes me I can actually take the things I've learned within this program about art and apply it to actual drawing.

anyways peek at what I've worked on and I'll be using the pencil sketch of myself for my index at the beginning of this gallery when ever I get around to it. :lol::lol:

learningtodraw2.jpg

PS looking now at the two pictures side by side I see my jaw line isn't correct in the pencil drawing so that's going to get fixed.

PSS picture was taken on a backpack trip on the east coast.

after the comments about coloring this in I've decided to do that and will consolidate the work in progress shots here.

th_forindex2.pngth_intheworkspicture2.png

apassablelikeness.png

when I put the two side by side I noted I needed to fix the mouth. moved lips a tad closer together and darkened corners a bit. I actually think where I've gone off on this picture is in the tilt of the head. I'm still a beginner so getting the tilt just seems so foreign to me. but I'll work on that next picture I do. for now this will have to suffice

doingtheteeth.png

PS Kemaru I darkened the lips. :roll:

I'm now at the near finish stage just darkening some shading , lighting other shading

etc etc.

current status of this picture

currentstageofthispicutre.png

I had a message on DA that I should try to trim down the neck a bit on the above picture . I've worked on this today (loads of layers and some shading to repair doing it ... but the results although subtle are just a bit better . :lol::lol::lol: At least he didn't tell me I had a fat head. :lol::lol: joke get it. fat head .... as in air between the ears. :lol::lol:

Arty if you read that above don't be mad it's just my way sometime English phrases strike me a hilarious.

So now that I've modified it

I've now used that update slimmer OMA picture as part of my opening intro of this gallery page 1 for full size just have to add the typed index of this gallery now. Yea! another project almost done!

th_INTROUPDATE4.png

oh I just realized after looking at that full size I used too much color burn in final the shadows on the face are tooooooooo stark will have to fix that.

if you mean in Paint.net perhaps when I feel up to sitting at the computor for a stretch. Might just be in semi transparent washes though. I've something in mind for this in my index. and not that crumby sig I've on first page of the gallery right now. that totally isn't what I'm going for.

if you mean with colored pencils I have to wait , my

Christmas wish list has a box of over 100 prisma color.

LOL!

ciao

thanks Crimson, its a passable likeness for hubby and myself, I do see quite a few flaws. not sure I'll correct here on this copy but definetly on the one I'm giving to my daughter for Christmas (original pencil drawing). I may re scann for this site then, at that point I'll decide to color or not. It was just a keep busy thing while I've been confined to bed rest. AS IF I actually rest.

:roll:

the facial features I'm not even going to attempt tonight , maybe tomorrow. I'm back to bed now and will do some reading before lights out. nighty night everyone

PS Boltbait I'm 1/4 way thru that book "Atlas Shrugged" you should have warned me it was soooooooooooo many pages. :wink:

thanks Janettsue, Welshblue and Kemaru. as you can see in above edited post I've now started to add facial features. There is still plenty to do on shading.

about the hair. well actually it is just washes over the pencil drawing. :wink: i did do a couple of extra layers underneath and motion blurred that was to fix up around the bangs area.

ciao

staytuned for future updates.

:wink:

thanks everyone for looking at the self portrait I was working on. Yes I may do a full background on this picture but not in paint.net I'm currently working on a pencil sketch for the daughter for Christmas. I'll be doing minor adjustments to this sketch and adding background in the next week. No time for a paint.net version. Have to start my Christmas baking :lol::lol: as If I need more cookies. from the lips to the hips :lol::lol:

WOW! (sorry for shouting but I'm real excited) I just noticed

wow.png

I hit the 10,000 + mark. Wow thanks everyone for looking at my gallery.

so I guess this is my 10,000 mark piece,,,"yes it had to be polar inversion"

Reflections of my Heart

refelectionsofmyheart2.png

Ciao

OMA

Congratulations, Oma on hitting that 10,000 mark! Sometimes it's best to shout to express happiness. :wink: I really love the polar inversion. Really, really beautiful!

EDIT: I looked at the index and....WOW (shouting expresses happiness :lol: ). Awesome job!

Archived