Share Your Custom Paint.NET Brushes

I hope it is OK for me to post this here, I usually just lurk as I am no really creative enough to make anything worth posting. However I made this brush and have found it rather useful so I figured I would post it and hope others find it useful as well.

It is an eye brush, I use it as a stamp to make eyes a lot more quickly and easily than drawing them each time. I use the brush to make the eye on a new layer, then adjust the size and position, erase any part that would be covered by the eyelid, then use the color balance to change it to the color I want. Oh and I use the feather tool to blend it into the eye.

Here is an example of the size and color changes,

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/MoonStarRaven/Temp/Eyes.jpg?t=1208051714

Eye2-1.jpg

Eye 2.png.zip

I hope it is OK for me to post this here, I usually just lurk as I am no really creative enough to make anything worth posting. However I made this brush and have found it rather useful so I figured I would post it and hope others find it useful as well.

It is an eye brush, I use it as a stamp to make eyes a lot more quickly and easily than drawing them each time. I use the brush to make the eye on a new layer, then adjust the size and position, erase any part that would be covered by the eyelid, then use the color balance to change it to the color I want. Oh and I use the feather tool to blend it into the eye.

Here is an example of the size and color changes,

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/MoonStarRaven/Temp/Eyes.jpg?t=1208051714

Eye2-1.jpg

[attachment=0]Eye 2.png.zip[/attachment]

Id' suggest making multiple eyes, because people's eyes are slightly different.

Ok, my brushes are attached. I made a post it note, I may make the shadows a bit more convincing but otherwise it is pretty good. For some reason it looks really pixelated on the forum.... The Post-it looks best at 150-250. I also have a vertical piece of tape. All I did was rotate the tape. I take no credit in the creation of it.

previews:

scotchtapestraightleft.png

Post-it.png

Ah! I figured out why it is pixelated! I managed to forget to save after Feathering it and fixing the shadow! Dang. :x

1014png.png

..:The Official Sass Giver:..

..:Xbox Live Gamertag: Dutch Man Dann:..

that's a beautiful eye, really...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had found a tutorial on DA but could not reproduce it like that one so I added a few different things to it and this is what I came up with

It looks great in all sizes small for painting and effects and the larger as is or play around with it

My first brush and I am quite proud of it

Thanks for the wonderful help all ENJOY

orbbrushpreview.jpg

glow.zip

Look beyond your dreams everything is possible

thornsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this a bit of a silly question, but I'm new to PDN and the forums...

But i am a bit confused about some of the plugins, when there is no link to download them from, and just a picture - how do I use it/download it.

Thank you! ^^

metalplate.png

cable.png

metal2.png

some photoshop metal work if used well I imagine it could be a handy brush. The plate is my personal fave. Now that PDN has brush and smudge ,probably have dodge and burn at some point as well , i imagine. It really wont matter where the resource comes from as the basic power structure is very similar in pixel manipulation.

Its not the brush its how you use it.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds