How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

I installed 5.1 as soon as I down loaded it but I seem to hve a similar problem to aeonix but only when i use more than 4 brushes. You now the brush selection bar will flicker then pdn closes. I am not sure what the problem is.

Windsig.png

please click each dragon"883E.gifIPTI.gifOT7s.gif1BX5.gifA6lB.gif

I installed 5.1 as soon as I down loaded it but I seem to hve a similar problem to aeonix but only when i use more than 4 brushes. You now the brush selection bar will flicker then pdn closes. I am not sure what the problem is.

Do you always wait for the bar to stop flickering? Should I make the real-time brush loading feature optional in the next version?

KaHuc.png

It is not that I wait for it to stop but that I can't do any thing while it is flickering but close it. I never had this problem on the old version. As for adding the real-time brush loading feature I would say thats pretty awesome but I am not sure if that will alleviate the problem I have been having.

Windsig.png

please click each dragon"883E.gifIPTI.gifOT7s.gif1BX5.gifA6lB.gif

As for adding the real-time brush loading feature I would say thats pretty awesome but I am not sure if that will alleviate the problem I have been having.

The real-time brush loading feature has already been added, if this causes many people problems I will make this feature optional in future.

KaHuc.png

Urgh.. Usually I would be albe to install this without a problem, but I just updated my version of PDN (v3.36). I have Vista, and before I could find the PAINT.NET and effects folders, but now they seem to be gone. Only a shortcut to the program shows up. Any ideas?

Right-click on the shortcut and choose "Properties" from the menu. Then, click the "Find target" button.

Urgh.. Usually I would be albe to install this without a problem, but I just updated my version of PDN (v3.36). I have Vista, and before I could find the PAINT.NET and effects folders, but now they seem to be gone. Only a shortcut to the program shows up. Any ideas?

Right-click on the shortcut and choose "Properties" from the menu. Then, click the "Find target" button.

That worked! Thanks :)!!

Im Kinda confused XP I downloaded both ZIP files and I dunno what the person means by "Run it once" Because if I tru to run the .dlls a weird window pops up saying that if i run this I could damage my computer.. D: Please help

Sxs.png

Place the DLLs in the effects folder and click Effects -> Draw with Custom Brushes and then close it, a folder will then be created in which you may place the brushes which will appear next time you run the program.

The "this could damage your computer" message appears before running any downloaded programme in XP, as all programs in that OS could potentially delete the entire contents of your C drive, corrupt the registry, ect.

KaHuc.png

I have a problem with the preview. If a brush is not square, then the .png is reshaped into a square, which is shown in the brush select bar, but the preview shows the brush in its correct shape, and once i begin to use it it brushes it as a reshaped image, which isn't shown in the preview. Is this supposed to happen?

14658_db78043ee7a556b90529f5b98e3ba804

See image for more clarification.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Crashed while using this plugin. If you think it's a brush issue for some reason let me know and I'll post the brush used. File below since I don't have the energy to figure out which file extensions are allowed for attachment, but apparently I have the time to write this.... Great plugin BTW :)

Application version: Paint.NET v3.36 (Final Release build 3.36.3158.38068)

Time of crash: 9/4/2008 8:15:48 AM

Application uptime: 00:03:35.8750000

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET version: CLR 2.0.50727.1433 x86, FX 2.0 2.0SP1 3.0 3.0SP1 3.5

Processor: 1x "Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.60GHz" @ ~1596MHz (DEP, SSE, SSE2)

Physical memory: 1527 MB

UI DPI: 96.00 dpi (1.00x scale)

Tablet PC: no

Updates: true, 8/30/2008

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Features log: UpdatesState(StartupState), SetTool(PaintDotNet.Tools.PaintBrushTool), HM(NullHistoryMemento), UpdatesState(ReadyToCheckState), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ToolsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.ColorsForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.LayerForm), ShowDialog(PaintDotNet.MainForm), PopulateFonts(), Menu.Effects, Effect(CustomBrushes.EffectPlugin), ShowDialog(CustomBrushes.CBDraw)

Loaded assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=3.36.3158.38068, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.36.3158.38063, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=3.36.3158.38062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=3.36.3158.38062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=3.36.3158.38063, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintDotNet.Data, Version=3.36.3158.38064, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Data.dll

PaintDotNet.Effects, Version=3.36.3158.38065, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.Effects.dll

AddNoise2, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\AddNoise2.dll

AlignPlugin, Version=1.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\AlignPlugin.dll

AlphaMask, Version=1.2.2859.32277, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\AlphaMask.dll

Antialias, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Antialias_v1.5.8.0.dll

BasicAntialias11, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\BasicAntialias11.dll

Bevel, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Bevel_v1.4.0.0.dll

Border, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Border.dll

"Borders N' Shapes", Version=1.6.2832.28811, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Borders N' Shapes.dll

CurtisBlack.Common, Version=1.0.3142.30104, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Common.dll

CurtisBlack.Effects, Version=11.0.3142.30301, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Effects.dll

CurtisBlack.Resources, Version=1.0.3142.30103, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\CurtisBlack.Resources.dll

CustomBrushes, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushes.dll

Diagonal Lines, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Diagonal Lines.dll

EdHarvey.Edfects.Common, Version=3.36.3160.38013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Edfects.Common.dll

EdHarvey.Effects, Version=3.36.3160.38013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Effects.dll

ErodeDilate, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\ErodeDilate_v0.2.dll

Feather1, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Feather.dll

Frame, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Frame.dll

Frosted Glass+, Version=1.5.2801.37439, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Frosted Glass+.dll

Gradient Blur, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Gradient Blur.dll

Gravity, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Gravity.dll

GridMaker, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\GridMaker.dll

ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.85.4.369, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73 @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll

PDNPI_IndirectUI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\jchunn.dll

Jitter, Version=2.0.2791.32104, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Jitter.dll

KaleidoGen, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\KaleidoGen.dll

Kaleidoscope, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Kaleidoscope.dll

LightRays, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\LightRays.dll

MirrorRotate, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\MirrorRotate.dll

Oblique, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Oblique.dll

Octagonal, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Octagonal.dll

Outline Object, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Outline Object.dll

PointWarpEffect, Version=1.1.0.31635, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\PointWarpEffect.dll

PolarRect, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\PolarRect.dll

rainbow3, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\rainbow3.dll

RectToPolar, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\RectToPolar.dll

ReflectionFlat, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\ReflectionFlat.dll

ShadowEffect, Version=1.1.0.43197, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\ShadowEffect.dll

ShadowHighlight, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\ShadowHighlight.dll

Shape3D, Version=1.2.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Shape3D.dll

Sharpen+, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Sharpen+.dll

SineCurve, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Sine Curve.dll

SinWaves, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\SinWaves.dll

Sparkles, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Sparkles.dll

Sparkle, Version=2.6.0.78, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Sparkle_Glitter.dll

Sparkle_Stars, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Sparkle_Stars.dll

SpiroGraph, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\SpiroGraph.dll

Stitch, Version=1.0.2808.37940, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Stitch.dll

TilesR, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\TilesR.dll

TJacksonEffects, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\TJacksonEffects.dll

Twistz, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Twistz.dll

Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll

WaterReflection, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\WaterReflection.dll

Waves, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\Waves.dll

ZoomBlurDeluxe, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\Graphics\Paint.NET\Effects\ZoomBlurDeluxe_v0.2.dll

System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Design\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Design.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

Exception details:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawImageRectI(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)

at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)

at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original, Int32 width, Int32 height)

at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original)

at CustomBrushes.CBDraw.PaintDraw(MouseEventArgs e, Boolean IsDrag)

at CustomBrushes.CBDraw.fMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)

at CustomBrushes.CBDraw.pictureBox1_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunsigub8.png

• 2 weeks later...
Just keep the canvas square, you can have the image(brush) any shape you like.

I tried the same brush, with a canvas of 600x600 and used the brush at a size of 500. It still came out as "squished". Is there something i'm doing wrong here?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.