How to Install Plugins ×

Custom Brushes Plugin 5.1.5

Don't seem to work for me...

They are not "animated", each time you use the brush it moves to the next frame.

I got a problem!

I want to install more brushes to my Paint.NET, but the more I install the more lagg, either lags or stops responding!

Why is it doing this? I Want More Brushes! :cry:

Check the size of your brushes, if they are larger than you normally use (file brush dimensions = brushsize^2), crop them.

KaHuc.png

I am considering distributing a brush pack in the same place as the plugin. This may be an post-install brush installer or a seperate version of the plugin. Please notify me in this thread if you wish to give permission to have your brush included along with the brush itself. To be eligable the brush must be completly your own work.

KaHuc.png

Hi, sorry for the really late reply. I've downloaded and applied the updated CustomBrushes plugin; still no luck. Everytime I click "Draw with Custom Brush" Paint.NET crashes. I've attached my error log (as a zipped file, the forum won't let me upload as it is :?: ).

Another thing, the DLL I downloaded from here says it's version 4.6, yet the title of this topic says 4.8. Is the plugin attachment (on the first post) outdated?

pdncrash.zip

cyclone look in your "C:\My Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Custom Brushes" folder. If the folder is empty put a PNG in there. Does that fix it?

Hey, you're right! My folder was originally blank, but I just downloaded a custom brush (from that other thread) and moved it into the folder. Now the plugin works, and I can draw! Guess having no brushes in the folder seemed to confuse the plugin :P. Anyways, thanks again to brad.pike for the fix, and Simon Brown for the plugin! And I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread, to check for updates.

Suggestion for Custom Brushes 5.0: Increase quality of preview bar brushes.

I could do that easily if I wanted to, but I reduced the quality to that extent to reduce the amount of memory the plugin occupies, this was my opinion of the lowest setting that allows people to still identify brushes. What would your opinion be of a brush preview panel that shows the selected brush in full quality?

KaHuc.png

Instead of a large view of the brush, in the preview panel, is it possible to have a thumbnail grid like view of them, so only a little bit of quality of lost in the preview? Look at the attachment for further understanding, if you didn't understand the above sentence.

14658_8a47929329ec64c4b4bfe9d918519308

This is probably a bad idea, but i'll run it by you anyway. :P

Also, is there a point of having a second colour in the normal brush mode, as right clicking when brushing doesn't brush in that colour for me.. :?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Instead of a large view of the brush, in the preview panel, is it possible to have a thumbnail grid like view of them, so only a little bit of quality of lost in the preview? Look at the attachment for further understanding, if you didn't understand the above sentence.

CB uses an owner-drawn listbox for that section, so this may even require writing a custom control to display them which would require too much work if it were based on the conventional listbox. I may consider, however, simply reducing the physical size of the thumbnails to reduce apparent pixelation.

Also, is there a point of having a second colour in the normal brush mode, as right clicking when brushing doesn't brush in that colour for me.. :?

The secondary colour is used in transitional mode, and it is not used on right-click as that command is already assigned to the spacing option and using the middle mouse button for this would be confusing to users used to the native Paint.NET shortcuts, and moving the spacing command to middle button would again be confusing to people used to right-clicking for this option.

KaHuc.png

I have PDN v 3.35 with OS Windows XP and every time I try to use the custom brush plug-in, PDN crashes. It never did this with PDN v 3.31. I am sure this is a simple fix but I don't know how to do it. This is part of the crash log.

Exception details:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawImageRectI(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)

at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)

at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original, Int32 width, Int32 height)

at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original)

at CustomBrushes.CBDraw.IndexImageBrushes()

at CustomBrushes.CBDraw.CBDraw_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectConfigDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.OurWndProc(Message& m)

at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If you need some other part of this crash log, please tell me where and I will send it to you.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Isn't Life A Dream?

Pages I have worked on using paint.Net