Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

Who's piloting the UFO?

:Dth_SaucerBattle.png

* G A S P * it's Kermit! And cousins of Kermit o.o" They don't seem to like eachother :O (I like the picture though, 20/2)

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

I tried making some walpapers to fit my current theme (WW2 German Paratroopers).

This first image, turned out OK...the book on the left of the image came out the best, I think. I need to fix up a few things still.

spmustermitaermelbandeb.th.jpg

This one is the base pattern of the first. I decreased the opacity to make it look faded...then I added some Gaussian blurred clouds in various shades of brown and black.

splinterbdirt.th.jpg

It was a rather tedious process to get this pattern half accurate.

siglk.pngsigrg.png

@ RHoward, nice 2 images, I like the first one very much just because it has some more details, you are right about the blue color book, looks so well done, the cover texture is very nice and the dropshadow is good, it is adding some depth to the image, the only thing I notice is the thickness isn't uniform -thin from up and wider in the bottom-, I also like the blue stripe and its shadow, do you have a sig having something like that I think I saw something like that before, keep up good work.

@KillerK, good your image is on the same page or we would missed RHoward work if the page turned over, not bad image, but what is the aspect ratio of the wallpaper? Looks small size, and I can notice that the light blue rays are cutting from top, would be good if you could fix that, there are few elements in the image and the cutting will show up clearly.

@ RHoward, nice 2 images, I like the first one very much just because it has some more details, you are right about the blue color book, looks so well done, the cover texture is very nice and the dropshadow is good, it is adding some depth to the image, the only thing I notice is the thickness isn't uniform -thin from up and wider in the bottom-, I also like the blue stripe and its shadow, do you have a sig having something like that I think I saw something like that before, keep up good work.

Thanks Yellow...I tried fixing some of the odd thickness, but it didn't work. I had an avatar with "Fallschirmjäger" on it, like the blue armband.

siglk.pngsigrg.png

Here's another desktop I made similer to the first one. I made this one for a friend...he's a fellow model builder...peticularly interested in the 5. Panzer division.

I intentionally made the patches with different methods to look like different embroidery methods

(Regular embroidery and Jaquard weaving method)

ssblurredbg.th.jpg

siglk.pngsigrg.png

Looks pretty neat pete, although it would look better if it was made in PDN :P only problems I see are that the grass sort of looks like it's floating on top of the text, and the rocky 3D part of the text looks flat.

Here's a spacescape I've been working on for a while.

3719041191_7759ac608f.jpg

Click for Larger View

It's kind of difficult to do a spacescape in general. The atmospheric dust can be generated easily with the clouds effect, and the stars can be done easily as well, but the texture for the planets aren't so easy.

By the way, I've just made another wallpaper. No PDN involved, it's a fractal flame done with Apophysis. It took almost a half hour to find all the right transforms, so I'm pretty proud with the result.

Once again, it links to my dA.

Travel

:D

Signature pending.

Until then feel free to criticize my current signature by PMing me.

It's kind of difficult to do a spacescape in general. The atmospheric dust can be generated easily with the clouds effect, and the stars can be done easily as well, but the texture for the planets aren't so easy.

By the way, I've just made another wallpaper. No PDN involved, it's a fractal flame done with Apophysis. It took almost a half hour to find all the right transforms, so I'm pretty proud with the result.

Travel

Whoa ! Nice ! Now do it in PdN ! I know you can. :D

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Travel

Whoa ! Nice ! Now do it in PdN ! I know you can. :D

No he can't :D (jk) I wanna see what you accomplish in PDN :P Will be interesting O__o

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

@ h3llb0yn3cr0 That is a very interesting program you used to create that image. I have never heard of it, but I did find this gallery with a search, some really beautiful images. Might be some inspiration in there so I feel the need to share it here while we are on the topic.

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/inspirati ... is-part-1/

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@Possum Roadkill I love those fractals, and I've seen many other awesome fractals they have created with that program, I haven't reached that level yet :D I just find a random fractal automatically generated by Apophysis each time I start the program, manipulate it, and send it out *phail*

@Jayed You want to see who's PDN art O_O

EDIT: Just got a brainstorm. I was wondering about how to get more realistic solar flare and I hit it: Jitter. Make some Jitter, cut out some of it and smudge what's left! *facepalm* Why didn't I see it before?!?

Signature pending.

@Possum Roadkill I love those fractals, and I've seen many other awesome fractals they have created with that program, I haven't reached that level yet :D I just find a random fractal automatically generated by Apophysis each time I start the program, manipulate it, and send it out *phail*

@Jayed You want to see who's PDN art O_O

EDIT: Just got a brainstorm. I was wondering about how to get more realistic solar flare and I hit it: Jitter. Make some Jitter, cut out some of it and smudge what's left! *facepalm* Why didn't I see it before?!?

You were too busy facepalming yourself O__o"

And I wanna see hellboynecro's pdn artwork. He did his work in photoshop I think O.o" But I wanna see him try it in paint.NET

ElvenPower.jpg

@Stealthed ... name it Green HAZE?!? Very nice though. Simple to make, but visually appealing.

@Jayed No, I don't even have Photoshop. Most of my work is in PDN. Except for that last one I posted up above:

The two (no three) imagers I possess are: PDN, Apophysis, and MS Paint *double phail*.

All of my spacescapes involve Paint.NET.

By the way, few more. Invasion uses my friend's personal stock. Minerals uses Genetica Texture Generator and PDN to touch up. Touch is photomanip :P

Minerals

Touch

Invasion Special stock: From Jessica Chen Pei Ling (dragonicwolf)

EDIT: I should stop editing, but I can't help myself. New Apophysis wallpaper. I feel that I blurred it too much *double facepalm*

Flux Matter

Signature pending.

well if any of you notice my gallery in the pictorium, i'm back :lol: for those of you with monitors of a resolution at 1600 x 900, enjoy, pure PDN, nothing else used.

here's some previews:

th_randomonia2marked.png th_randomoniamarked.png

here are the links, same order:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5zhgwwjewyk

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmnnzjj5n0t

ITforumssig2.png

my gallery

"10,000 days in the fire is long enough, your going home..."

Tribal\-«+»-/Freakv1.6™

[\\]«Drekentai»[//]

Ahh, glass blocks, most useful plugin ever.

Dark composition with light colours creating accents, nice :)

The effects look nice, but the light blue color hue in the first picture is not nice. Meh.

The night-clubbish disco lights look good, but it's not something I would use as my desktop bg.

Too dark.

This one's very simple and "bleak", as I was very lazy that day ;)

voices.jpg